

Here is the whole Chambless gang celebrating Thanksgiving in beautiful Las Vegas, or as our niece Reese would say, "Vegas Baby". It was definitely interesting having 19 people in one house for five days, five of those people being children under the age of 5. But the more the merrier and we always have fun when we're all together. The girls shopped, the guys gambled, the kids napped, and Scott even got to see the Hoover Dam. And yes, he took the dam tour. And saw the dam water. And took a lot of dam pictures. I'm still trying to figure out if he really wanted to see the dam, or just wanted the excuse to say dam as many times as possible. Dam.
Unlike many Thanksgiving's of Chambless past, there were no announcements made. There weren't any poems announcing engagements or pregnancies, and I have to admit I was a little disappointed. That is until, like tradition, we went around the table and said what we were thankful for. Even without any elaborate or grandious announcements made, we have all had an amazingly blessed year. We've had several health scares in our family that thankfully, God healed or is healing. We've been blessed with another (and final) sister-in-law. We had a niece born. We've all been blessed to have homes and jobs and to have spouses that love and support us. We've been blessed to be apart of what God is doing to develop the church plant that a mere three years ago was only a couple hundred people. Now over 500 strong we're excited to see what God has in store for our church in the coming year as we begin to build our new facility. We have much to be thankful for. And as we approach the time of year when we reflect on Christ's birth and the ultimate sacrifice of an only son, I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving. Overwhelmed at all that I've been given and don't deserve. Overwhelmed with all God has done in our lives and continues to do.
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. Psalm 7:17
1 comment:
Sweet Lori Beth,
Oh my goodness, it is soooo good to see you, even if in a picture. I can't believe it's been 4 years since your beautiful Christmas wedding. I cherish those memories so much, and I am so humbled by all the blessing you seem to have in your life. I wish that I could be there to share in your rejoicing and thanksgiving for all the Lord has done for you. Your in laws look like so much fun...what a great family to be a part of! How I wish circumstances were different and we had grown up together. With my family all over the country, dad in Oregon, Sarah in TN, Mike in PA, I have realized how much family means to me, and how I wish that things had been different in my family and we could all be together. I have lost so much of my relationship wtih my siblings....we just aren't close anymore, and it makes me so happy that you have that kind of relationship to enjoy. I love you dearly and am counting down the days to when we might be able to come visit.
Miss you sweetie! Love you dearly!
Karen
Post a Comment