So I bribed my FABULOUS assistant
(who is WAY over qualified for the job)
with a manicure so she'd take pictures of me for my new website (hopefully it'll be up the next few months) Ellie and I have been friends since high school, but we've known each other since we were kids in Sunday school. We were like two little girls in a candy store out in the fields of Kern County, taking pictures at this old grumbly house, and then a super cool junk pile in front of a barn.
Not only do we share a love of photography (you can check out her website, www.elliegrover.com) and all things old, but our husbands are often confused for the other at church. They're both red heads with beards and oddly enough do look somewhat alike. I have yet to confuse the two, but plenty of people have.
But back to all things old....I'm an avid junk collector. Scott claims the reason he bought me an Accord and not something bigger was because he was afraid of what I'd bring home. So far I have two old doors, a lot of mason jars I found in an old smoke house, and would have lugged home an entire vintage kitchen sink from an old barn house behind a vineyard off of North 101, but alas, no room in the car.
Why I decided to write about this, I'm not sure. Maybe it's an inside to who I truly am, or who I would like to be. Someone who sees the beauty in things that others could not. Some one who thirsts for adventure and explorations and someone with a hefty appreciation for those who have gone before us, and what they've left behind. Even if it is just a kitchen sink.
Or maybe I just wanted to post one of Ellie's pictures. You decide.=)
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Nonsense
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I would LOVE to collect old things. That's how Dave's parents are...everything in their house has a story of some neat trip they found it on but still has meaning to them. However, I can't get over the idea that old=dirty. Everytime I think about getting something antique or old, like anything from a thrift store or something, I get this horrible thought of where it may have been, whats been done to it (or on it!) and how dirty it must be, and then I talk myself out of it. I always have been a clean freak though....remember when I made you clean your room while I was there on vacation....I am still that way! You should post some pictures of some of your neat old stuff...I would love to see.
Post a Comment