Also, today was my first jury duty experience. While most of my 300 fellow jurors grumbled the whole way through orientation and complained all the way to the court house when they're names were called, I was secretly anxious to experience all this "court stuff" up close and personal. I'm a huge fan of all the Law and Orders (especially SVU) and it intrigues me. Well for those who don't know, it's nothing like it. You sit in a room, are read the charges once by the judge and a second time by the clerk (yeah, cause I wasn't confused enough the first time I heard them...is he being charged with murder or attempted murder? But wait the victim is one of the witnesses? So confused) Thankfully before I had to give my lame "I'm pregnant and have to pee or eat every half hour and so therefore don't think I can serve on this 10 day trial" the case was dismissed because the key witness disappeared. Fabulous. So my day consisted of a lot of waiting, a lot of reading, and a lot of confusing court room mumbo jumbo.
By the way, a fun read is Marley and Me, by John Grogan. It's the story of newlyweds and their adventures with a not so well behaved yellow lab. I haven't finished it yet, but as an avid dog lover and dog owner I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
6 comments:
that is a great picture. somebody took a great picture with her new camera, that she doesn't get much practice, so great picture. Ha!
i liked your jury duty so we could have lunch!
So after a week and a half, I finally updated. It only took me an HOUR AND A HALF to figure out how to scan a stinking picture. So now its 1 hr and 37 minutes past my bedtime, my husband is pouting in bed because I'm being lame and am spending more time with the computer, and I'm already dreading how I will feel when the alarm sounds at 5:20 am....
Anyway, just wanted to let you know I posted!!!
Thanks for helping me... er, should I say my mom and brother... with the crib!!!! :)
cece
So glad you came by on your new ride :) Justin read Marley and Me and really liked it too. I wonder if it reminded him of a cute Brittany Spaniel we know?
I love your new bike! It's one of those oh-so-cute retro ones that I absolutely find adorable. I was told bike riding is an excellent pregnancy exercise too, so what fun for you!
I'm so glad to hear you've got your energy back. ah, the second trimester...
have a lovely day!
Lorie, That is so funny that you wanted a bike cause Dave asked for the same thing for his anniversary present (our one year is sunday!). And I totally agree...I can't wait for my first jury duty experience so I can feel part of all the excitement...and I can't believe it has been 14 weeks! Are you guys registered anywhere yet?
whn your in the 8th month, you well want naps again! thats alsso when your not excitted about being preg!
Post a Comment