Sunday, March 18, 2007

Jumbles

So today my sister-in-law delivered to me the cradle that in a matter of 5 months my first child will sleep in. It's the cradle that my husband, along with all 3 of his siblings slept in as infants. My two nieces and my nephew have also been newborns in this cradle. I love family heirlooms and the idea that we're adding to it's posterity. (Is that the right word? Ah well, it sounds good)


This is the room that will some day be a nursery. It's been my "crap" room since the day we moved. A place that we shove things when people are on their way over. A place to hold my unending, unfinished projects. A place to contain my photography equipment and paraphernalia that seems to multiply by the week. But soon I have to throw it all away, find room for it else where (trying to convince Scott to share his office closet with me should be an interesting discussion, but let's face it, I'm the women and will probably win that battle) and stream line my little business so that this child will not have to sleep in a crib with the exercise balls that we've used twice. (Maybe 3 times) The ironic thing about the way I've kept this room (and sometimes my house) is that at my work I'm a completely anal organized freak where every thing has a place and sometimes is even color coded and labeled. Weird how that doesn't translate into my real life.



And lastly, have I mention recently how cute my dog is? Is it possible to love a dog this much?
She's ridiculously cute and has personality up the the wazoo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nesting instincts will kick in soon! Plenty of time to get it all done:)

The Norvells said...

I can't wait to decorate my nursery! Do you have a color scheme or anything in mind?? Maybe you could blow up a picture of my face and put it on the ceiling so that when he/she is napping it dreams about it's distant second cousin in a far away desert land called Texas.

Anonymous said...

Good to finally catch up on your posts! I love this picture of you and your dog. She (he?) is super cute. You look more than a little like Kirsten Dunst in this photograph.
How about a tummy picture?

Anonymous said...

hmmm... I never noticed the resemblance to Kirsten Dunst, but I DEFINITELY see it in this picture!