My mom said that David (my brother) would move constantly through out the day. I on the other hand, had specific movement patterns. She said it was bizarre. That in the afternoon, after lunch, I would stop moving for several hours and then like clock work "wake up" and move again. Almost as if I was on a napping schedule in the womb. So imagine my excitement when my baby started doing the same thing. Having almost set times of day where he/she would move, and other times of the day that I could pretty much guarantee he/she wouldn't.
I mean how lucky was I? My kid was already putting itself on a schedule. I mean, Wow, I'm such a good mom.
(major sarcasm here people)
Then there was the day where the kid didn't move at all.
Then there was the day where what ever I did I swore the kid was doing somersaults. Perhaps the breast stroke.
I swore I'd never be a neurotic prego, worry over every movement or none movement. But I finally get it. Them moving is like the constant signal "I'm okay", where as not moving always make you feel like "Houston, we have a problem".
And I just had one of those "OOooohh" moments. Like an epiphany of sorts. Pregnancy seriously does prepare you for parenthood. (okay, to a certain extent) It's going to be a process, an ongoing path of learning and growing, for you and the kid. And just when you think things are stabilizing, or "on schedule" it'll flip flop. Just for kicks.
4 comments:
Where are the new pics!? I know you are at home.... Do I need to come stalk you to see them!? :)
I remember that nervous feeling of wanting to feel a kick. Maybe it's a girl because she moves like you did hmmm....guess we'll have to wait and see ;)
Lorie,
Sorry to have been so delayed in blogging catch-up! How exciting to see your emerging belly...hee hee. Keep us posted...love your posts.
Blessings, Cousin SV.
i recognized your name right away. first congrats...second your blog page is cute and makes me irritated my mac can't figure out all this html organization crap. third...they say your baby will be the same as it is inside when its born. my son, was totalllllllly nuts inside of me. moving to the extreme. he would kick so hard my husband could feel it if he put his head down. in fact, my son never did that butterfly fun movement. the first time i felt him he gave me one good swift kick in the gut. he was always in motion. the doctor would say try and feel ten kicks in an hour, and he gave me a paper to mark them down, i could feel ten kicks in less then a minute, NOW my son is nuts. hes always on the go, totally bonkers oh, and if you piss him off, expect a good swift kick to the shin.
next, american eagle boy briefs are what started the whole mess with the underwear. i found the worlds softest pair, bought ever color and then lost weight and they were discontinued...woe is me
Post a Comment