Thursday, May 17, 2007

??????????

So the lovely Emery interviewed me!
So here are answers to questions you may or may not want to know about me.

1. If you could ask God one question what would it be?

Um, so a giraffe? Seriously?

No honestly, I don't know. I mean there are those questions; how long was creation, what is/was/should be women's roles in church, why are there people starving in Africa etc. But I realize a lot of the "big" questions that Christians have and fight over are the ones that at the end of the day aren't necessarily what matter. We are saved by grace, something we don't deserve, but is given freely. Everything else is about faith. We are called to walk by faith. (Yes, Jeremy Camp is singing in my head right now) And I read Flo's response to this question and I have to agree, that when the time comes, and we are in God's very presence, all those things we think we can't wait to ask will fade away. They won't matter.

2. What did you want to be when you were a little girl?

I always wanted to be a third grade teacher. Mostly because beyond that I couldn't do that math. Which is still true. Fractions are from the devil. If they're not on a teaspoon or a measuring cup I have no clue.
But teaching. Yes, I wanted to do that.
But the older I got the less and less I became someone who wanted to do anything. I wanted to get married and be a mom. I've always felt that to be my ultimate goal in life. But as time goes on, and as the reality of my pending mother hood sets in I do realize other aspirations I have. I'm not saying I want to be the next David Jay, but I would love to be a successful photographer. And by successful I mean someone who manages to balance the happy medium of stay-at-home-momness and a side business that aids in her being able to stay at home.

3. What is your favorite scent?

Tough. I'm a scent kind of person. So many holding so many memories. I love the smell of Scott when he gets out of the shower. It makes me feel safe, loved, and sometimes other things. Wink wink. I love the smell of pine trees in the mountains, bringing back so many summer camps and crazy memories that do in fact begin with "One time...at summer camp....". I love the smell of wet, hot, concrete. Smells like childhood summers. When you're so cold from swimming that you lay flat on the hot concrete next to the pool to warm up only long enough to get back in the pool. But my favorite scent that barely nudges out the rest of them is the smell of the ocean. The salt, the breeze, the mixture of cool and warmth. It's like a blanket. I love it. I can close my eyes and there I am laying on Morro Strand beach, laughing as all the dogs pound the surf in hot pursuit of their stick or ball. And myself, walking along in hot pursuit of that next beautiful rock or shell, or piece of driftwood. I can't wait to be there again!

4. What was the last song that made you cry?

I'd like to use my pregnant card here and say that I cry at the drop of a hat now and that I can't pin point an exact last song. (Does the closing music to the last few Grey's Anatomy's count?) But the last song that really touched me, challenged me, overwhelmed me, was two Sunday's ago. Ellie sang "How Deep the Father's Love for Us". Just her and Ben and an acoustic guitar during communion. It moved me. Absolutely beautiful. The words, her voice...awesome.

5. What is the one piece of clothing you've owned the longest?

In an effort to feel more organized and "together" before this baby comes I've done a lot of purging of clothes. Scott counted 22 pairs of pants that I gave to Goodwill. In my defense, I don't ever get rid of anything, and most of those I hadn't worn since high school, but yet continued to hang in my closet. So all of my "oldies but goodies" are now available for purchase at the Goodwill on Coffee Road. Including all the bridesmaid dresses from the last two years as well as my senior year prom dress. But I have yet to go through my box of flip flops. It's kind of a disease. Every year I buy a couple more pairs but don't throw the old ones out. I don't think I'm answering the question, just rambling.

Probably the swimsuit my mom bought me for my honeymoon 4 and half years ago.

Lord knows that won't fit again.

Want to play along? The rules are that you email me, or comment telling me you want to be interviewed including your email address. I'll send you five questions. Answer them in a post and then offer to interview anyone at the end. Use different questions though, it makes it more fun.
Happy Interviewing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 and 1/2 years? Ha. That's nothing.

I had a red Old Navy sweatshirt that I got during my first or second year of college (so this would have been the mid 90s) and wore probably at least 3-4 times during the week each Fall/Winter for years. In fact, I have some college friends who tell me that when they close their eyes and visualize me they immediately think of that sweatshirt. I just got rid of it this past year, so that's something like 10 years of continuous wearing.

Anonymous said...

Also, I'd be more curious about the platypus than the giraffe. What on earth??

carol grams said...

what's with the old navy sweatshirts?!!! Lorie, you have permission to send that to the good will as well....:) and Michael, I think duane's attachment to and old navy (red as seems to be the popular color) just went to Lorie's house as a 'please take this out of your dad's closet' grab. Yah, he's had it since spring of '98, from Seattle...it really is still good and wearable...but somebody else, please wear it!! carolgrams

Anonymous said...

i seem to remember you still have a sports illustrated sweatshirt that you stole from your soon to be husband. i do believe he proposed to you in that same sweatshirt.

you did get engaged before the honeymoon, right?

lorieloo said...

Whoever posted the above comment, I stand corrected. You are correct.