Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day to me?

Happy Mother's Day to me? I don't know. I don't quite feel like a mother. The most mothering thing I've done is remember to take my pre-natals and chose decaf over regular. Does that qualify?

(the blue Hydrangea came from my mom, and the carnation from church!)


We just plunked down a heavy chunk of change for a new camera, lens and misc. camera equipment, so I made Scott swear not to buy me anything. But he couldn't help himself. He brought me home yellow tulips and blue iris' from work on Friday! Gorgeous! So I've enjoyed them all weekend. Then this morning as we were in that half asleep, dozing between snoozes on the alarm he got up and got me a present. "From Baby" he said. Too funny. So the "baby" bought me Disney's Fox and the Hound (a childhood favorite!) a teething turtle toy (that I called a chew toy and got teased for all day. I can't help it, I have a dog. Everything is a chew toy!) and lastly a rubber ducky that is a temperature gauge for the bathtub. (the bottom will turn blue and read HOT if the water is too hot for baby). I just laughed at my husband. He is so sweet. He said he seriously looked at every single thing in the baby section at Target. I love to watch him grow more and more excited about this whole process. I loved hearing him recount his quest to find the perfect gift for me from baby for my first mother's day. Hearing how overwhelming all this "baby stuff" is and how we don't know anything about anything. Not that he's alone in the not knowing, I'm just as clueless. I love to read, but I skimmed through "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and got bored and gave up on it. Along with all other 5 baby name books and such that were passed to me from friends and sisters. They're all sitting on nightstand collecting dust. (Yes, just think of it not so much as a nightstand as a graveyard of unfinished books.) But I'm not a researcher. I'm the kind of person that goes into a store and says "What it's on sale? Then I have to get that one!" Seriously, I have friends and sisters (You know who you are=) WHO LOVE TO READ CONSUMER REPORTS...me, not so much. So Christie, when you finish compiling your excel spreadsheet(come on, don't deny it=) of the best rated baby gear items....can I have a copy?

2 comments:

Olive Oyl said...

I love research. Would you also like my price list? Yes.... not only do I have a list of every single thing I want to register for, I also have a price list of their costs, as well as the cost difference if this is one between different retailers that carry that product. make fun all you want, but you know you want my list... :)

Anonymous said...

I gave up on "What to Expect When you're Expecting" too. All it did was made me paranoid anyway! Who needs reading ? You'll be a natural!