Wonderfully overwhelming.
The other sisters and GG threw Christie and I a joint shower, and showered we were!
It was such a special night, surrounded by women who have been such a part of our lives in different ways.
These women were bible study leaders, best friends moms, women that were or are in small groups with us.
Women we've camped with, shopped with, laughed and cried with. It was again, overwhelming, to have so many of them all under one roof. Christie and I both were blessed with so many amazing gifts too. Things we needed and wanted and things we didn't even know we needed or wanted but totally couldn't live with out now!
Just a few highlights:
For years I've gone to baby showers and watched in anticipation for "the gift". That one homemade gift that makes every one squeal with delight.
Notice the homemade, tea stained and embellished burp cloth!
She's ridiculous, But in a good way!
Christie and I have donned it the "Davi blanket".
Davi makes beautiful little baby blankets, and the thought that it was finally my turn to receive one almost made me swoon. Christie and I both received one, but you'll have to check her blog for pictures of hers because for some reason I didn't get a picture of both of us with them.
The Fabulous Natasha made me a friggin AWESOME diaper bag!
I could spend an entire post talking about it, but I'll save you all from such a fate. It's amazing, full of zippers and pockets sized to fit specific baby items, again, it's AMAZING. And it totally coordinates with my baby room, which I'll admit, is a compulsion I've given up fighting.
All in all, days later, I'm still overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, support, encouragement and generosity demonstrated to Christie and I by such an amazing network of women. And then to bring all these amazing gifts home and realize that the car seat, bouncy seats, diapers,onesies, and blankets galore, are going to be put to use in just over a month definitely makes the whole "wow I'm really having a baby" sink in even further.
5 weeks.....5 weeks left until I'm really overwhelmed...in a good way.
11 comments:
YOUR FRIENDS ARE SOOOO CRAFTY uggg not fair. Lovvve the bag!
your shower was adorable!! I can see why you were overwhelmed. what a wonderful blessing for you. I can't get over that diaperbag. Someone made that for you??? I am SO IMPRESSED.
isn't it the best to get homemade gifts? Not only are they adorably unique, but it's just so special to know someone put time and effort and love into it.
and by the way, you look glowingly beautiful in all those pictures. :)
It was such a fun night and I'm tellilng you, you really were glowing!
Yay YAY FINALLY! I've been checking 3 times a day waiting for pics of the night! Oh how I miss crafty Bakersfield! Way to go Davi and Natasha! comin' through again!!! LOVE it! :-) Miss you :-)
oh man, your belly is getting big! so fun!!
I loved that dress on you...it was adorable and flattering, just a bad picture (like the one of me on here :) ) You really are loved... and so is that precious baby :)
so can i just tell you, i had all these preconceived ideas about the kitchen i wanted and noooow i'm book marking this because all the sudden i want it all different and just like this one!
Your shower was so much fun. I'm sorry I left before picture time. Don't worry...the feeling of being overwhelmed is normal and won't leave you for a long time. :)
Very cute blanket and diaper bag! I wish that I was that crafty or hand friends like that. Looks like a fun time!
Fun night! Glad we got to share it together. I keep going into the nursery and just staring at all the cute blankets and toys and goodies in there... how did our babies get so stinking lucky!? Man... they are SERIOUSLY loved! :)
oh you guys are so cute! I'm so excited for you.....
Post a Comment