Saturday, August 18, 2007

Falling off the Blogwagon

What to say?
I'm friggin' 8 1/2 months pregnant.
I pee constantly.
Have an incessant need for ice cream.
And sleep.
And don't get enough of either.

And all the time I used to spend updating my blog somehow keeps disappearing on me.
I still love to sit and read other peoples blogs , and I've "blogged in my head" several times, it just never seems to make it here. And it's definitely not even for lack of inspiration. All the hormones and uncontrollable urges would make for some great reads, but alas, the most I've mustered up has just been some pictures. And even though I LOVE PICTURES, it's really only a half-hearted attempt at blogging. So this is me saying, it's only going to get worse, what with the pending arrival of "the kid" and all.

Everyone around me keeps laughing at me when I say I'll have more time once the kid comes.
Call it denial from a woman who's worked since she was 16, except for that brief month of unemployment between getting married and moving to SLO. I know I don't quite get it yet. And I won't until it happens, but as a non-mom, I just can't figure out what all you mom's fill your days with.
Laugh at me all you want.
I know, I'm in for a rude awakening.
I know I'm about to get kicked in the pants with the employment of all employment.
But please, give me the next 2 weeks of denial.

I'm now a mere 5 days away from walking away from my job. To say I'm stoked would be an understatement. And while there's no guarantee that I won't have to go back eventually, knowing the next few months are alarm clock free (yes, yes I know, the KID will be QUITE the alarm clock) is making me quite happy.

All the lovely blog-mom's out there are quite inspiring on how they juggle both life, kids, and blogging. So I'm just saying, hang in there with me. I'll do my best. Even if it's just pictures, I'll attempt to do something more than once a week as I have been of late.

And now, I will attempt to "catch up" my blog with what I've been too busy/lazy to post in the last few weeks. Because what else is there to do at 3 am?

6 comments:

Talia said...

wow! Only 5 more days of work! how exciting.... the end of one career and the beginning of another. I for one think you will enjoy this new INFINITELY more. :)
if you have time between the peeing and the ice cream and the sleeping can I pretty please stop by sometime and bring the you-know-what?

Anonymous said...

Ahh...the feeling of the unknown before motherhood. I honestly thought there was a lot of "down" time in the first few weeks (not at night of course :) ) but things DEFINITELY pick up as that little booger gets older. Can't wait to meet baby Chambless #1!

misguidedmommy said...

am i pushing my luck if we ask to see pics of the nursery so far?

lorieloo said...

yes shannon, you are=)
a few more days...

misguidedmommy said...

:(

misguidedmommy said...

SOOO HOW IS LIFE COMPARED TO WHAT YOU WROTE IN THIS POST?