
Almost a decade ago, Laurelglen Bible Church purchased 25 acres in northwest Bakersfield.
Why?
Obedience.

As a church plant themselves, they had always had the vision of planting another church.
Was this land to be a church plant? A new campus? A dual campus for our over-grown church?
After several years of prayer, research, patience and more prayer, the decision was made to plant a new church.The word went out. Anyone feeling led to go, to start a new church, was to earnestly pray and seek counsel in such a daunting task. It wasn't an easy decision. I had attended Laurelglen since I was 5. I was baptized there. As was my husband and most of his siblings, as well as his dad. It was our home. A place where we were comfortable. Safe. But Scott and I were obedient to the call.
4 years ago, after much prayer, and the hiring of a new lead pastor, 275 men, women and children were commissioned to go and start a church. We were prayed for, encouraged, cried over. 
Then we all walked down the aisles of our comfy church and out the doors to a dirt lot that we prayed would one day be our home.
Sunday was the beginning of all our prayers coming to fruition.
Our prayers were answered, and with an overwhelming response.
After a hugely successful campaign to raise funds, we were blessed with the ability to not just build the initial worship building, but a children's building as well.
I'm overwhelmed with God's goodness. His faithfulness.
3 comments:
Okay! I wanted my pictures to be layed out like that!!
Awesome time!! God's faithfulness to His word being proclaimed! May God continue to be the Bridges ultimated focus, not buildings, but His word and the people who gather there! carol grams
Wish we could have stayed for that part of service...but a tired baby and a 2 hours service just aren't condusive :)
Okay, since someone isn't working anymore (except for being a human incubator) I expect more posts missy!!
Post a Comment