Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thank God Almighty, I'm free At Last

Walking out of work on Friday was somewhat like the last day of school. I wanted to burn all my books, throw away my binders, skip away singing "no more teachers dirty looks...". But instead I walked off the elevator and into the bright light of freedom. No more copying, no more faxing, no more mundane tasks that while, passed the time, seemed rather pointless most of the time.
It was relief. Sweet relief.
I can't even remember what I did that night to celebrate (if anything) and the weekend was a bustle of activity while Scott and I scraped and scoured and cleaned and re-cleaned and organized for a big family dinner last night to celebrate baby Chambless number 2 (or 3, depending on how the final order goes as far as delivery).
It had been a long time since we had the ENTIRE gang over (ie Chamblesses, Goens, Hodgsons, Andersons whew...there's a lot of us!) to our house, and we definitely felt the push to finish the baby room and have the house spotless, as well as finish the MILLION projects we keep putting off. Nothing like having a house full of people to inspire you to get your butt in high gear.
(Right, cause the nesting instincts weren't already out of control.)

I'd like to say the dinner went off without a hitch, but the chicken kabobs (kaboobs, hehehe) were a nightmare, even if the marinade ended up being AWESOME (thank you Barefoot Contessa). The dessert I'd been eagerly anticipating making, completely went to pieces (dang you Barefoot Contessa) The pictures I'd taken of Brad, Colleen and James (and the belly!) that I had ordered from Costco to hang up at the party didn't get picked up in time...but like always, none of it mattered. My house got clean (huge shout out to Scott, as well as my mom and Jamie!) the food was delicious, my plan B dessert was sufficient, and even more importantly, Brad and Colleen had a wonderful evening with some fun new gifts for the new baby. So all in all, it was a success.

And did I mention my house is CLEAN!! I don't even want to touch anything!
While not EVERYTHING got finished, many things did.
Like Scott finally hung my wind chimes outside,
the shower curtain in the bathroom got hung,

our picture windows were hung, I sewed pillows for the couch,

the baby room was almost completed (more on that later).
Whew, I'm tired again just thinking about it all.

6 comments:

Excellent Parent said...

from one mom to another, u nee to sleep a lot right now!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm inspired! ...I thought I was ambitious, but I've got nothing on you! It all looks GREAT!

Lindsey Woodland said...

okay two things....1)Where did you get those windows/frames they look so cute. 2)the pictuers Ellie did are amazing!!!!

misguidedmommy said...

your house is wayyyyyyyyy cute i'm super ultra jealous..you need to be a designer

Emily Faulknor said...

Yay! New pictures! Keep them coming Lorie! I love it, I feel like I am connected in some way! :) Everything looks so beautiful. You are just amazing at all you do. I love the pics of you and Scott, is there a way I could see all of them??? I love you!

Margie said...

I love your colors, especially the greens in the bathroom!