Henry is doing GREAT! He's sleeping really well at night, usually 4 hours at a time, so mommy and daddy have actually had pretty decent sleep.
Nursing has been a challenge, especially when my milk finally came in. But every day is getting better and better. I was so concerned he wasn't getting enough I even supplemented formula a couple times. But all my fears are gone, when at his 72 hour dr. appointment he had actually gained 4 ounces!! AWESOME. Most babies loose weight their first week, but my little man gained some. Praise the Lord!
Yesterday was an exciting day as Henry welcomed yet another baby cousin. I can't tell you any details, other than it was a looonngg hard day for Mark and Christie yesterday. But they should get home this afternoon sometime, so click over in a day or two read all about the newest addition to the Chambless Clan.
But enough with words, I know you all just want more pictures.
Here they are. And I promise in the next few days I'll get to writing about the most exciting and scary and rewarding day of our lives.
Already good buddies with Roxie

13 comments:
omg i think the first and the last ones are my favorite. i looove the one of him screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIBLE! He is so sweet Lorie and has changed so much since the first time I saw him. He's already loosing that "newborn" look. Love his little peachfuzz hair and GREAT JOB on feeding him! Gaining weight already, WOW! That's first picture should be a postcard!
Lorie & Scott - Congrats! I prayed for you this morning Lorie! I saw Sara at Target and she said that nursing has been a struggle. I remember those days with Hayden and so you have been on my mind. I will continue to pray and praise God with you that it is getting better! Henry is SWEET!!!!! - Sonja Hill
Lorie-I'm so happy you posted.He is so precious. It sounds like you are doing everything right! Hang in their with the c-section pain. It does get better....Ally Coop recommends 1 advil every couple of hours when you are sick of the other drugs. Love to you all!
Great pictures!! Thanks for posting...glad you're getting sleep, hope it keeps up that way!
Thanks for posting! Glad to know you and Henry are doing well. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!
so they say a picture's worth a thousand words ... that first pic speaks VOLUMES! :) love it!! henry's absolutely perfect! and i'm so glad things are getting easier as you get the hang of being a mommy - you'll be a great one! hope the good sleeping habits continue!
He is so beautiful and perfect! Congrats! Now go back and keep resting...
Thought you would like that a picture of Henry is now up in my cubile... or H-Dog as he likes me to call him..or Lil' H, it really depends on his mood.
He is so cute and precious Lorie! I'm so glad I got to see him in person yesterday! I hope you keep feeling better and better.
Congratulations Lorie! How do you look so stunning your first week as a Mommy?! I'm sure many have told you already- but just wanted to remind you that you really are doing an AMAAAAZING job. You really are. I wish there was someone by your side applauding you as you take on all these brand new tasks that seem so daunting. You are loved!
I could not be more proud of and excited for you guys! I just spent the last hour and a half catching up on your blogs starting with your trip to New York last winter and ending with your moving piece about baby Henry. I've missed being a closer part of yours and Scott's lives and consider a true honor to call you both my friends. What an inspiration you two are to me of how to love deeply and unabashedly my future spouse and to love each day that I am blessed with by sharing it passionately with those that I love.
Love you three...hope to see you in December!
...Stacia
I love the screaming first one. Life is precious! Thanks for sharing and glad things are coming around.
Post a Comment