So the Cham clan went to the pumpkin patch on Friday.
It was quite a sight, with Mama2 and Papa, and all 6 of their grand kids, plus Reese and Cole.
They're quickly running out of room in their arms. Thankfully Ella is a big helper.
I love how she dotes on Henry. Well, she dotes on any baby. But after watching her grow from the small baby I waited for in the hospital, to this boisterous, lovable, big kindergartner, it turns my insides into goo seeing her hold my child.
This weekend we're doing something nutty. We're camping with a 6 week old baby.
Yes I know. We're insane. And no, no trailer. Good ole fashion tent camping.
At a camp ground. Bordered by a train. That runs through at night. Sometimes twice.
Oi.
It's tradition. Since before the Bridge was the Bridge, we've gone to the annual Halloween weekend camping trip. It started out as an alternative to Halloween, but has become just a annual family weekend. It's a ball. The weather is always awesome and who can beat a weekend at the beach? Scott and I have always had the mind set that although having kids changes your life, and you have to adapt to having a baby, the baby has to adapt to our lives as well. And so it's been our goal to camp this weekend. We've agreed that if Friday night ends up being a nightmare we'll come home Saturday afternoon. Either that or go crash at Mama2 and Papa's hotel room.
sidenote: Mama2 and Papa claim after all the years of camping on the hard ground they've earned the right to hotel-it. And we could give them a hard time about it, but the girls always end up using their shower, the guys end up watching the USC game, and the kids inevitably end up napping there at some point. I'm telling you, our version of camping is really rough.
7 comments:
Great Pictures...as always, but especially the fam. one of you, Scott and Henry! I miss you guys! We should start Bible study up again in November...maybe Tuesdays or Justin will be done with school in December so it doesn't matter. I'll host if you want me to.
You guys are really troopers braving the camping trip. I was way too chickened last year. When we took Aubrey in April it was fine though. Can't wait to see the pictures from it!
My dear cousin, it is so good to finally see a picture of your family, you, Scott and Henry together. That is a great picture of you all and it looks like so much fun. And I am really proud of you for going on this camping trip with your 6 week old baby. I think that is awesome. I love you and I would love to talk again soon as last time was cut short. Give Henry a big squeeze for me!
These pictures are beautiful, as always. I especially like the family photo, looks like one years from now you will treasure as you remember that first Autumn with Henry.
We still haven't taken Indy camping and she's almost 2 but that is more our city slickerness and nothing else. My brother and his wife have taken their now 9 month old camping practically since birth and always comment on how well she sleeps in the outdoor air. I'm sure you will have a wonderful and memorable time...take lots of pictures to share!
What a neat tradition! It's true--this time of year is great for camping. Cute pics of your punkin!
Camping with kids is just more work--not as much fun as when we were foot-loose and fancy-free. It's going to take me all day to pack, and I am dreading it. I just hate packing that much. And the unpacking...don't get me started. Once you're packed, I think you'll find the actual camping part to be a breeze!
GREAT pictures! You Chamblesses do so many fun things together! :)
Oh wow!! the pic of brn and ryan!! How awesome! It should be there christmas/thanksgiving card!
I love you my sweet lorie.
grams
Post a Comment