Thursday, November 08, 2007

Intuition

I'm continually amazed by my son's intuition. Day after day, he'll arise, we'll have some breakfast, (breast milk for him, a bagel for me). He'll coo, smile, try and laugh with me as I watch Regis and Kelly and then promptly, 50 minutes after he's awoken he gets the droopy eyelid disease. I call it a disease because he's not really ready to sleep yet. I've learned very quickly that if he falls asleep less than an hour after he's waken up he won't have a good nap. But today he was just so cute. So cuddly, so tired looking. I let him fall asleep early.

But wait, 20 minutes has gone by and he is still asleep? Sweet.

I jump in the shower, to wash off the sleep, the exhaustion, have a few moments of piece and quiet.

I've just rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, only half done with my shower and I just get that feeling.

Do I hear crying? Maybe?

A few moments later I climb out of the shower. What no crying? OH wait, yes, there is is.

The blood curling scream of a child who is so mad that his mother decided to leave him in his crib. How dare I? Don't I know he much prefers to sleep while being held? And take a shower? Well that's just plain rude. I'm starting to think my son prefers my stink. How else is it that WITHOUT FAIL he cries EVERY TIME I GET IN THE SHOWER???

So he got to cry today. He might prefer my stink, but I do not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neither do we!!

misguidedmommy said...

they will also know when you have to pee and you may never pee alone again