BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grady William Goens was born at 4:16 pm,
weighing in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces, 21 inches long.
Quite the quick delivery, so quick we all missed it. I was HONORED when Sara told me this morning that I was going to be able to be in the room when she delivered but she went from nothing to pushing in like a half an hour and by the time any one knew what was happening and phones calls were made, the baby had already made his way out. In one push I might add! Sara is just the most beautiful mother, we all agree it's disgusting how beautiful she is after she delivers. I tried to find more pictures of her, but Grady is a champion eater already and there were few pictures of her not nursing. So I'll preserve her modesty by not posting them for all the world to see. So while I wasn't in the room when it happened, I snuck in as soon as I got there (disobeying the nurses) and was able to be there just minutes after he was born. Such a precious memory, to see my nephew so fresh to this world. His sweet little red lips and tongue, his large nail beds, long feet, fuzzy blondey-red hair, resembling very much what Henry's hair looked like.
Holding him was surreal. Henry was smaller than he was, almost a whole pound smaller, yet I could not believe how tiny Grady was. So small, so fragile. Amazing how quick you forget.
So happy birthday Grady! You are loved so much by this crazy, large, loud family you've just been born in to.
It's a great place to be.


weighing in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces, 21 inches long.
Quite the quick delivery, so quick we all missed it. I was HONORED when Sara told me this morning that I was going to be able to be in the room when she delivered but she went from nothing to pushing in like a half an hour and by the time any one knew what was happening and phones calls were made, the baby had already made his way out. In one push I might add! Sara is just the most beautiful mother, we all agree it's disgusting how beautiful she is after she delivers. I tried to find more pictures of her, but Grady is a champion eater already and there were few pictures of her not nursing. So I'll preserve her modesty by not posting them for all the world to see. So while I wasn't in the room when it happened, I snuck in as soon as I got there (disobeying the nurses) and was able to be there just minutes after he was born. Such a precious memory, to see my nephew so fresh to this world. His sweet little red lips and tongue, his large nail beds, long feet, fuzzy blondey-red hair, resembling very much what Henry's hair looked like.
Holding him was surreal. Henry was smaller than he was, almost a whole pound smaller, yet I could not believe how tiny Grady was. So small, so fragile. Amazing how quick you forget.
So happy birthday Grady! You are loved so much by this crazy, large, loud family you've just been born in to.
It's a great place to be.
10 comments:
Wow Lorie, what an amazing family to be a part of! And you captured his first moments beautifully. You're right, your sis in law makes labor look like a breeze - she looks amazing!
yay!
thanks lorie, for an amazing rendering of the story. does anyone else think brad looks buff in the last pic?
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! Brad does look buff in that last picture...must be the Dr. Pepper (the shirt).
Brad is puny. Lorie must be an excellent photographer. I was going to have Kramer take my racy photos...not anymore...Lorie is the top choice.
I'm laughing out loud as I read this. The funny part of it all is that Brooke is the one flexing! She must take after her buff daddy! I'm sure it's the Dr.Pepper diet.
Oh and who in the heck is woopoo calling my man puny?
we all know brad is on HGH.
my guess is that woopoo is Eddie?
woo poo, or the man formally known as Woo is none other than the fab Stein.
Post a Comment