I feel like I've just been surviving the last few days.
Hanging on by a thread, praying to just get through it.
It's the season for family pictures, which in turn has made my life busy.
Thankfully.
We desperately need the money. But I've just felt more drained. Stretch too thin.
Pulled in too many directions. I know I'm just beginning to learn how to juggle wife, baby, business, and I pray as time goes on it will get easier.
Henry turned 2 months old yesterday. I can't even believe it's been that long that he's been a part of my life, yet it seems so much longer.
He got his first round of shots yesterday. I had such a hard time deciding what to do in that area. So many people, with so many opinions, pushing or not pushing their personal agenda on you confusing what should be a very personal decision. I've sought advice from what seems like everyone I know, and of course they all say something different. I read the book given to me by my pediatrician. I read some stuff online. I think I ended up more confused then when I began.
I realized as I sat there in the waiting room, waiting to go in, still unsure what I wanted to do, that being a mom isn't something you can take the easy road on. There is no easy road. And sadly, I'm that person. The person that would rather rely on someone elses decisions then make my own.
I talked to my pediatrician, a man whom I deeply trust, listening to what he had to say, the benefits as well as the negatives. Such a hard decision, but I'm glad I did what I did. And although I've had an upset baby since, crying because of the pain in his legs, I can rest assure that I protected him from a far worse fate.
And isn't that what being a mother is? Looking out for your child the best you know how. Doing what you hope and pray keeps them safe, healthy, ultimately happy? Such a long road I've begun, and definitely not an easy one.
3 comments:
It is so amazing to read your blog, Lorie. As a soon-to-be new wife and someday a mom, I feel so refreshed to read someone give an honest opinion about how hard life can be sometimes, trying to balance everything that is important to you. I too am one of those people who seeks the advice of everyone I know before making (what I call) an "informed decision". But I think deep down it's my trepidation to make my own decision, afraid it's the wrong one. You're so courageous and lovely, and I can't wait to see you soon!
Henry is absolutely adorable, and you both look just beautiful together. The whole shot thing is a trixy business, and you are right--we can only do the best we can do. The rest is ultimately in God's loving hands.
new rule you are not allowed to take such cute pictures anymore!
Post a Comment