I feel like I haven't really done a lot of writing lately. Mostly posting pictures. But it's so much easier than really sitting down and processing my thoughts and depicting my days. I've struggled this week in trying to get Henry to sleep through the night, fighting him to drop the 4 am feeding that I know he doesn't need. I've walked the balance beam, wobbling back and forth, striving to find my stance and stick to it. Cry it out? Run to aid him back to sleep? But then how will he ever learn to fall back asleep on his own if I'm constantly popping back in his pacifier or rocking him to sleep? The last few nights with letting him cry haven proven to me that he really doesn't need that 4 am feeding, and that I need to persevere. I've let him cry. Fuss. Find his way back to sleep. And each day he has slept until almost 7 am. 7 am people. A week ago he was waking up at 5, wanting to start his day! So I feel like I'm there, holding steadfast, knowing that each night he cries, the time frame becomes shorter and shorter, and he becomes less and less dependent on me and more importantly, less dependent on his pacifier. I've had amazing communication this week with women that I love and depend on, and because of that have truly opened up, exposing the ugly, and felt loved and encouraged in spite of it all. I feel spiritually renewed this week after being in the long running slump called baby-dom. I have felt truly invested in, and that is such a freeing feeling.
So that's where I am today. Here I sit, working and blogging (yes you can do both!) as my beautiful son sleeps, the heater on me feet being blocked by my dog, and enjoying the rain outside, renewing the air and earth and I, soaking up the feeling of renewal in my own heart.
K, I was going to add pictures of my week (hence the title) but blogger isn't cooperating. It's also not allowing me to speel chekk so I apologize for any grammatical errers.
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear that progress is being made! Hooray for pregress!
Though I'm angry at blogger for not allowing you to post pictures... grrr Blogger.
Love the new banner!
Love you Lorie...hope you continue to feel encouraged and supported. know that there is so much love for you and you family from Seattle!
I miss you sister!!! I'm counting down the days until summer break. I miss you popping in after a walk with Roxie, our cool bike rides, and chit chatting about random things that only you would appreciate.
I found a bunch of old emails that we sent back and forth just after you announced you were pregger... it made me laugh and cry how silly we were and how I included a line of "someday, we must all be pregnant together... although I won't be having a baby for at least another 10 years, it would be so much fun..." Oh, how shocking life can be sometimes... :)
Do you realize we are both almost 25. EEEK!
Post a Comment