Wednesday, February 27, 2008

World's Longest Read

When Scott and I first started dating and I would drive over to the coast to visit him, I'd drag him to the beach all the time. Because, um, I'm a girl, and he lived two blocks from the beach. You could see, smell, hear the ocean from his porch. On these frequent times on the beach, I would lay out, because, um, I'm a girl, and he would pretend not to check me out in my swim suit read.What book was he reading? THE SAME BOOK HE'S STILL READING. For those who haven't read my profile, Scott has been reading the same book since we were dating....almost SEVEN years ago.

I maintain that that has to be some new record.

Way to go babe, only 7 more years and maybe you'll finish it.
I kid, I kid, you know I love you.

And you know you're all totally envious of my mismatched flannel sheets.
Admit it.



6 comments:

Lydia said...

Does that mean he's still pretending to read while he's really checking you out? I'd take that 7-year task as a compliment!! Whoohoo!

Emily Main said...

If he's like my husband, he's gone from checking you out to trying to avoid you ..er.. look busy. ;D

While B hasn't been reading the same book for THAT long.. he has been reading one of Michael's book for over a year now.

mrs schienbein said...

maybe he's been reading other books that are slipped inside of that book. he just wants you to think he's slow.

I don't know what that would accomplish, but it would explain the 7 year thing...

Talia said...

wow. Such persistence and perseverance can only be commended, I suppose. I'm sure that MUST be a record. Have you told Guinness about him yet??
and I do love your flannel sheets. Just tell me where I can get some!

scottlandyard said...

i just really like the first 50 pages. so every year i pick it up and read that section again.

i'm already 20% done with it (page 10).

bandofbrothers said...

that is AWESOME. Go Scott!