(and yes, you You've Got Mail fans, I LOVE the smell of scotch tape)
So all this to say, that while I might have been slow on the uptake, I'm making up for lost time. I think my new secret (well, now not so secret) dream is to have an Etsy Shop. Not that anything I have to offer is anything new or spectacular, but I guess the idea of getting paid to do something you love is quite enticing. And it's hard not to get inspired when this chick comes on Martha Stewart and is making tons of money, staying home, and getting to live out all her creative dreams and getting paid to do it. I guess you could just say I've been inspired. And how that inspiration takes shape in my own life is yet to be determined. But I'm inspired none the less.
Oh and speaking of craftiness....
it's not Little Lark, but it's going to be one heck of a replacement.
11 comments:
Pahlease...yes I did a finger-snap, gay boy head bop when I said that...
You've got sooo much to offer sis!! Give yourself a little credit...You forget before Henry we could barely keep tabs on your because you were always running, and doing, sewing, shooting, creating!! You're such a creator, and you have such an artist eye!!
I think you'll do great!!
Love ya
-Bro
Of course you will do great Lorie! We have been talking at church about God's dreams for us, that He dreams through us and He delights in His children enjoying their dreams. So do it! :) And while you are at it, do you think you could complete my wedding album? :) Love you!
go for it, girl. I've always thought it would be SO fun to have an Etsy shop, and like you, loved the idea of making a little extra moeny just for being creative. But, unlike you, I lack the marketable skills... at least at this point.
I will be awaiting the grand opening of your Etsy shop, and I firmly convinced it will be a big success.
(by the way, the girl who was on Martha Stewart today is my good friend Stacie's absolute favorite artist and Etsy-shop, and she has three of her prints hanging in her house. They are SO great. It was thrilling to see her make it to the big-time with her stuff.)
You totally should open an Etsy shop!! I would by from you. I already want to pay you to make our future children's bedding... when ever that will be. I love Sammy's bedding!! Oh, and curtains in our living room because NO WHERE ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET sales cute 95" curtains. They are SO HARD to find and when I do (which is rare and usually online, they look like they could be in my grandmother's house).
Anywho... I think you should do it.
Oh my gosh that's so crazy and confirming to read your post. I have been thinking almost the exact same thing. You are clearly gifted, I'm excited to read about your success very soon I'm sure. Those fabrics are awesome.
I feel ya on the craft thing sis. There wasn't a week growing up that I didn't spend my entire allowance in a Ben Franklin. Right now there are stacks of colored paper above my head, scrapbooking supplies to my right, and enough beads to start a store in a bin on the floor. Being crafty is such great fun! I can't wait to see some of your crafts--make sure to post pics!--and what inspires me most right now is that you manage to find time for it! That gives me hope.
Mmmm...I love stacks of coordinating fabric. So purposeful and promising!
I'm in the same boat as you, somewhat. My best friend and I worked up a whole line of products I'd made in my lifetime, and how we were going to sell them and stay at home making things all day. But, it turned out that we'd have to work well over 40...or even 80...hours a week to get it all done.
So...that was the end of that.
Now, I'm on to photography, and trying to see what I can do with that. I'm having a ton of fun so far, and it looks like I could make it without working 80 hours a week...which is a good thing! :)
I wish I was crafty. I didn't get the artsy genes at all...my sister, on the other hand, well, her handwriting is so amazing you could sell it as a font. I can think up some really crafty things, but then actually making them...well that's another story. I'll pay you to make all my ideas....how about that?
Go for it girl! THose fabrics look darling!
Ok so I was reading through some of your older posts and I noticed that you had been giving sneak peeks throughout your pregnancy of Henry's nursery. Correct me if I'm wrong but have you ever revealed the full thing? I love those colors - they are soon to be my living room colors - and would love to see the whole thing!
Yes, you crafty people can make millions off of the uncrafty people like me!!! :)
oooo! do it! i loooooove etsy!
Post a Comment