Monday, March 03, 2008

oh what a beautiful morning...

I'm reminded of the scene in You've Got Mail...Kathleen Kelly has just walked through a beautiful brisk New York morning to her little shop, oblivious to anything but the beauty around her and says to her employee, "Isn't is just the most beautiful day?"

It is such around here. I could focus on the double snot slugs coming from my sons nose, the constant fussing and whining, or I could see the good. The sun is out! I can smell the flowers I planted in love with mom this weekend. My dog is out laying in the dirt in the sun. My son is happily squealing away as he jumps and jumps (and jumps, and jumps) away in his jumperoo. I am still in my pj's (um, cause it's Monday!) and I just finished folding an enormous pile of lovely smelling warm laundry. Oh did I mention the scrumptious chocolate cupcake I just devoured?
It is such a beautiful day.


How is your day today?

Extra credit goes to anyone who can tell me where this line is from:

"Beautiful! Gorgeous! Wish you were here!"

(Mom, Em, you're exempt, I know you know where it's from=)

7 comments:

Talia said...

my day is great! I am baking lemon bars and almond shortbread, there are a lot of men in my backyard getting ready to pour concrete (YAY), and I get to see my girlfriends tonight.
This sunshine is infectious isn't it?? I'm so glad you're having a great day too!
I'm thinking tomorrow looks pretty good as well, seeing as how I get to hang out with a certain lovely person and her adorable son. :)

Cheeziemommie said...

awww a fellow Meg Ryan adorer :)

....French Kiss....

As much as I LOVE winter and rainy overcast days, these sunshiney cool breeze days are pretty fantabulous!

lorieloo said...

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!
We have a winner!

Cheeziemommie, isn't French Kiss the best???

LOVE IT

Emery Jo said...

WAIT WAIT WAIT... I am also a meg ryan adorer and the line is not "Isn't in the most beautiful day?"...

Isn't it "Don't you just love New York in the Fall?"

I watch this movie more often than I'd care to admit. hahahaha. (but I could be mistaken.)

lorieloo said...

you're right emery, but I think she says both.

i too watch this movie more times than i care to admit.

carol grams said...

'...we're walking, we're walking...'
oh yeah, that isn't from a movie! that's real life!! LOL!!!

Emily Faulknor said...

Dang it and I was so excited that I knew the answer too! :) I wish I could hang out with you on that beautiful morning Lorie. I miss you! Someday, I will be able to meet Henry in person. :) I love you!