AND WHOOHOOOO(that's for you Em),
it's my 200th post.
Yeah me.
So the lovely Ms.Pie came to town. I wish I could have kept her all to myself, but unfortunately she has a much larger fan base and had others to see and things to do. I instantly loved this girl who spoke without hesitation. We sipped coffees and teas and consumed bagels and cookies and gagged over Henry's explosive diaper that landed him with no socks and pants that were too big. (Which he then proceeded to poop on during the ride home. Why, oh Why did I even try and dress him cute today?) We gathered our respective cameras and off we wandered to explore my favorite bit of down town. With every building or every land mark, she would exclaim " Oh I just love Bakersfield". Which made me love her anymore. Anyone who can come and see the beauty in the town that has far too long been called the armpit of California is a friend in my book. We photoged, we laughed, we gossiped, we laughed, we giggled, and I only parted ways when I did because my child was in desperate need of a nap and his cooperation with our whole outing was quickly running out of steam. Check out my bro for even more sick shots.
8 comments:
I'm so glad you got to meet the famous EmilyPie! I love the pictures and think you captured her perfectly.
You guys so cute. I love all of the photos! I'm so jealous you all got to meet.. my 3 favorite photographers! :)
that last photo of Emily is really nice. Looks like a fun time.
Oh I love all this fisheye goodness! These pictures are so fun!
I had a great time... It was so great meeting all of you!
Lovely pics!
I really like the first one of Miss Emily the best I think, the way the colors all blend together and have such a vintage feel. I really dig it.
Oh Bakersfield...It certainly does have it's charm, but for me the biggest draw is the amazing people who live there still. Like you!
What a fun day!
Gotta love that full frame goodness!! It was sooo awesome meeting the Pie in your eye, Emily... What a great personality, and a fun person to be around. She seriously lights up the room, or coffee house...
1 more absolutely fabulous photog I can strike of my list of must meet photogs...
(Insert evil laughter here...)
David
Awesome pics. Its great that you've been able to meet a couple of your blogging friends. (Didn't you meet somebody up in Seattle?) Well I just love these pics. Especially the first two. Looks like you all had so much fun. Maybe next time you can take me on one of these walks and I can learn a thing or two from you and your brother. :-)
These are really awesome pics, Lorie! You make Ms. Pie looks freaken' fantastic!!! Looks like a really fun afternoon.
Post a Comment