Monday, March 17, 2008

This woman


I knew of this girl for a long time. The older sister of my brothers friend. Older than me enough that I didn't really know her. I heard stories of her courtship, her marriage. But I never really knew her. Then through random events, my brothers friend became my friend. And then my boyfriend. And then my husband. And this girl I once knew of, became a woman I respected. I knew her before she was a mom. I was intimidated by her beauty, her intelligence, her quick wit, her faith, her seemingly perfect life. In the last seven years I have grown to love and respect her even more. She doesn't have a perfect life, but the manner in which she addresses her husband, children, and life in general is something to be admired. She is a role model. She is my accountability, my encouragement, my sister, my friend. In the last seven years I have seen her overcome many obstacles, both great and small, with tremendous grace. When I first knew her she wanted to be a mother. Here we are, seven years later, and she is mother three times over. She makes it look easy, even though I know it's not. She is consistent and strong, and courageous and humble. She is beautiful and fun, and hilarious and smart. I love her so much.
And I'm honored to be her friend, blessed to be her sister.

I love you Sar.

9 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

what a beautiful tribute!

Sally said...

Aww, so sweet! And I completely agree with you...Sar is everything you say, and a wonderful friend!

David Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Anderson said...

For once sis your words are more beautiful than your pictures. They are good too, but your words are so much more powerful!!
What i do know of Sara is exactly what you put. I too am intimidated by her, but in a respectful way. Now Larry...I have no problems beating him down with the butt of my gun.. ;)

Love ya
Bro

Getting Ready for 30 said...

OMG. Pictures like this make me so jealous of the central valley! Beautiful... absolutely beautiful (both the pictures and your words). I love when you post your work... do it more often. All us photogs can use a little inspiration.

Sara said...

Wow...I am so completely and totally humbled by this. You made my warty life sound so much more beautiful than it is! Here's what I really am: spoiled. Spoiled by God's grace, spoiled by amazing family and friends, spoiled by incredibly talented women who so generously share their lives with me, spoiled with three little gifts from heaven, spoiled by a husband who loves me and puts up with crazy me. Seriously spoiled.

And I'm glad to know you love me because it seems that I've somehow turned one of Henry's horsie socks pink and no matter how I try, pink it stays. hmmm...our love is tested... :)

I love you Lor. Seriously.
-Sar

mrs schienbein said...

So wonderful...and true! She was always that gorgeous red-head around the corner. I couldn't believe she and my brother were the same age because she seems SO much more mature (and still is)!
You Chamblesses are a blessed clan to have each other!

Excellent Parent said...

great pictures!!

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

What a precious tribute!