Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yesterday revisted

It's like he knows what he's done and he's so proud.
Couldn't you just eat those cheeks?

If you haven't already, read this post first, it will put what I'm about to say in context.

So when we woke up from our naked nap yesterday I'll let you just guess what he had done.
That's right. Apparently he hadn't empty his bowels enough at lunch. So that's right folks, not a single clean diaper in the house and he pooped. AGAIN. This coming from the kid who would go days and days without poop. So I wrapped him and safety pinned him into a cloth diaper that I use for spills and the occasional spit up and in the stroller we went, naked, around the corner to borrow a diaper from Sam.

We are SO WT.

Oh and when he woke up this morning, poop in his pajamas.

PEOPLE, I AM SICK OF POOP.
Sick of it, I tell you.

It's a good thing he's so cute.

12 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

A cloth diaper Lorie??? wow, I really never thought I'd see that day. But look how happy he looks wearing it. I think someone wants mommy to go organic.

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Awwwww, he IS really cute - so the poopster is forgiven! *lol*

By the way, I love your rendition of the lunch picnic with Scott. Especially the part when you say "I'm trying not to cry." I feel ya!

Emily Main said...

Oh you poor thing. And he does look like he knows exactly what he did...

Sally said...

That last picture looks just like Scott!

I would be very tired of poop, too...but what a great story you have to embarrass him with when he gets older. =)

anna joy said...

good grief!! LOL!

mrs schienbein said...

Ah poop. If you're sick of poop, just imagine how over it Henry is!

At least it's warm enough there that you can just throw him in a cloth diaper and call it a day!

Talia said...

wow. That's very impressive, Henry. But maybe you should give your poor, pooped-out mommy a break now!

Emily Faulknor said...

Lorie, you are amazing. I loved every minute of reading about your whole ordeal with lunch the other day and then this... too funny, hard on you I am sure, but funny down the road. I love you so much cuz and want to chat with you. Give Henry a squeeze for me, k? And tell him his cousin Emily says to give his mommy a break. :)

Amy said...

oh my!! so i've not been great about commenting lately, but i love love love your blog!! i've always found it so honest and hysterical...yet as i only have 7 more weeks until my little boy arrives...i'm starting to get terrified by reading too! lol!

Excellent Parent said...

poo is grose!

Lindsey Woodland said...

Oh Lorie.. have I told you lately how much I love reading your blog! I need to get to Bakersfield soon before he gets any bigger. He looks like such a little man! : )

Ashley said...

he is SOOOO CUTE!!!! i wanna hold him. Even if he does poop on me :)


well.. maybe not ;)