Monday, April 14, 2008

Introducing...

R2
He's no little Lark, but I'm awfully proud.

And I think Henry likes him as well.

The Star Wars material was once a Star Wars sheet that my husband and his friend found at a thrift store in high school. But there was only one sheet, and they both wanted it. So the friends mom cut it in two and created a pillow case for each of them. When I married Scott I put the thread bare pillow case away for safe keeping. I didn't know if I'd use it some day as a pillow for Scott or for our kid. When I was 8 months pregnant I thought of the perfect idea. I cut the pillow case in two, and made a small pillow case for Scott's air plane pillow that he stole from the airline when he went to visit this chick back in college. I surprised him at the hospital with his own mini Star Wars pillow. At some point during our stay in the hospital we used the mini pillow to prop Henry on his side to sleep. It hasn't left his bed since. And the other half of the pillow case...well, I guess the kid won out.
And I do think Scott is a tad jealous.

11 comments:

Talia said...

I am seriously in awe of your creativity and talent right now. Really! This is so cute and wonderful down to every last little detail you thought of. I just LOVE it. What a treasure for your sweet boy. Sounds like you might have to make your poor hubby one too... :)

Cheeziemommie said...

Yah my mouth DROPPED open when the page loaded! My husband would TOTALLY be jealous! So when are you going to start selling these bad boys! I'm thinking dinosaurs, zoo animals, oh man!

Barbie said...

I'm so in love with this quilt and I've never even watched a starwars. You are so creatively talented...and patient....I'm so impatient that my lines never come out as perfect and my embroidery is...well lets just say sub-par.

anna joy said...

omgomgomgogm soooo cool! and geez, does that kid ever take a bad photo? i took a quilting class in highschool and made two quilts for my future babies and sewed bible verses into the tags for them. i wanna show you! should i just put my whole house on wheels when i come on wednesday so i can show you and tell you about everything i've ever done? okay good.

Sally said...

Oh, I LOVE it! My hubby will be jealous, too. WE've been watching Star Wars on Spike all weekend.

Jenn said...

THAT IS SO FLIPPIN CUTE! Seriously. Love it! I think we have that sheet too(Husband is a huge star wars nut) Fab idea! You should put them on Etsy my dear. Seriously. You would clean up!
And the tag with Henry's name, the touch that made it perfection.

Sally said...

ok, you got your wish...more pics up on mt blog! thanks for pushing me to do that. =)

Excellent Parent said...

that is GENIUS! plus I love that my sons are hommies!!
We NEED to get together! we are so close!

Phil said...

That is the best thing ever. Freaking R2-D2. How cool are you seriously? Thank you for being a mom who resists making their son a hello kitty blankie or subject them to that retard spongebob squarenuts on TV. Whoops, just realized I said to much.

Good job pimping star wars. I can't wait for Ryan to like transformers. . .

Steph Corwin said...

That is so neat! I just showed my husband (because well he's a man, and, duh, loves Star Wars) and he definitely has the whole set somewhere in storage. You did such an amazing job on this though. Maybe I should add learning to quilt to my list of things to learn. :)

misguidedmommy said...

i love it!!!