As I was strolling through the shoes, ooh and ahhing over the yellow pumps and the shiny sandals, I heard them before I saw them...like a rattle unleashed.
I laughed. I'm one of those moms that laughs. Because you're not suppose to cry over spilled milk. Or puffed sweet potatoes. Right? The ones in his stroller (and in his shorts, and shirt, and behind his back, and in the tray) all went back in the container. 30 second rule right? Not so for the ones on the ground. I'm sorry but the floor of Target has a shorter second rule. And I'm sure it's not as long as it took me to clean them all up. Yes that's right, I scooped them all up in the lid of a shoe box and threw them all away. I wasn't about to yell "clean up on the shoe aisle! And do you have those yellow pumps in a 7 1/2?"
5 comments:
Henry: "Mom, I just love me some sweet potatoes!"
the only thing missing in this pic is his foot propped up on his tray!!!
Hey, remind me to get you one of those snack containers that has the lid that the kiddos can reach into but it doesn't spill. I still use it for James.
Oh, and I'll need reminding...I forgot your bday money again. Wasn't your birthday 2 months ago? It's kind of like my 30th birthday present...I got it 3 months after my 31st birthday. Hmmm, must run in the family.
I can totally hear you laughing at this Lorie. This is a great shot. So, did you end up getting the yellow pumps? :)
ah, how well I remember the puffs. They were always everywhere. I think I found some in our couch cushions long past the baby stages, if I remember right. :)
Cute story! And now I want to go buy shoes at Target. I'm keepin' my eyes open for those yellow pumps!
Post a Comment