Wednesday, May 28, 2008

wow.

Seriously wow.

Yesterday I tried so hard to keep myself busy, so as not to go completely mad waiting for 4 o'clock to roll around. I get a text at 3:58: "I'm on my way are you ready?" Yes I was! But by 4:20 I was about to pull my hair out. I did not enjoy that he was late. By 4:30 we were cruising out of town. A red bull for him, a vanilla frapp for me. I knew by the direction he headed, which town we were headed to, which made me secretly hope I knew what we were doing. We had discussed doing it several weeks prior but nothing ever came of it. And even though the whole day I was guessing that was what we were doing, my heart skipped a beat and my stomach got tied into massive knots when we pulled up to a house and the first thing I see is Ingalls on the mailbox.

Suffice to say it was just amazing. Amazing to be so welcomed by people who have never met you. People who I respect and admire so much, pouring out amazing advice and taking us, mere hacks, seriously.

We walked downtown for dinner and for the first time ever I didn't polish off an entire basket of Firestone fries myself. Maybe because Scott wasn't there to help me, but most likely it was because I was too busy talking or absorbing all that they were saying to eat. We got ice cream and coffee and walked back to their home. I figured within in minutes we'd head home, but a whole hour passed before I realized Anna's eyes were getting droopy and that we were probably over-staying our welcome. So as we called it a night, something even more amazing happened. Cameron asked to pray for us. I was expecting a short sweet "thanks for new friends" kind of prayer. But it wasn't. He prayed about everything we had talked about, both business and our lives and really asking God to work in us and through us. We were touched to say the least. And on the two hour car ride home, with all that was said that night, his prayer was what we kept going back to. We felt refreshed, invigorated, challenged.

It was just great. Such a great night. And even though I didn't get to bed until after 1 and I have tired eyes today, I have a whole new passion for what I do. Sometimes it takes a fresh perspective to help you shake off the dust and remember what it is your doing and why you're doing it.

So thanks Cameron and Anna. It was an awesome night and we can't thank you enough for giving so much of yourselves last night. Our appreciation is endless.

10 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

How exciting! What a cool surprise! :-) Now wasn't all that sooooo worth the anxious waiting? Did you guys take any pics? Or was it just a meet and greet?

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

HOW WONDERFUL!!! What a blessing and I know many of us can't wait to see what comes of this newfound inspiration. What a sweet brother you have~

Danielle said...

Oh My Gosh!!! How amazing! I'm so excited for you. I would probably have cried when I saw the name on the mailbox, I would have been that excited. Your brother is the bomb, by the way. What an amazing surprise. Jealous. So totally jealous, but even more than that, I am so completely thrilled for you. What an awesome experience!

Emily Faulknor said...

And might I add that your tank top looks adorable! Great choice my dear. OH, I am SOOOOOO very happy for you and so jealous! That is awesome that they prayed for you. You do have an awesome brother and you are one gifted and loving woman of God Lorie Chambless and you deserved that pep talk to inspire you to keep going and pursuing your passion. I love you!

Cheeziemommie said...

How exciting for yoU!!! What a sweet brother you have for putting all of that together and totally surprising you!!!! Can't wait to see the fruits of this lil trip!

bandofbrothers said...

my first guess was a trip to see the ingalls...my second guess was a game show where you could win a million bucks:)

i am totally blown away by cameron's work, but i am equally blown away by his humble spirit and his love for God and people.

Olive Oyl said...

How exciting, so glad it worked out for you guys to meet!

You look really really pretty in this pic by the way!

Excellent Parent said...

Cameron rocks! SERIOUSLY, you need to call me next time you are around, or we can plan a play date! I was probubly 5 min away from you!

Talia said...

what an amazing surpise!! Your brother is so sweet and thoughtful.

I just love looking at both of their blogs. Not just because their pictures are amazing, but also because they both seem like such genuinely sweet, godly, loving, warm people. And now hearing your story about them only makes that part of them MORE clear! Wow. I'm so glad you got to have this wonderful blessing.

Ashley said...

hello my favorite photographer. i'm totally jealous. when we couldn't afford him for our wedding I told chris for our 50th wedding anniversary he better win the lotto and get cameron ingalls to take our photo. love him! pretty cool bro you got there.