I feel bad. On Scott's first official Fathers Day he had to be in his car, headed out of town by 9:30 am for an entire week. No church, no family lunch or dinner or Laker watching with the guys. Nope, just an open road and a week long corrosion course in beautiful Downey California. Downey? Seriously? He could get lucky and go to the one in Ventura, where I could tag along and play at the beach and with certain silly friends, but no he has to go to Downey. Such a Downer. Ha, I kill myself.
So it's going to be a long week for both of us.
But in his email to me last night I was reminded of how our relationship began, email.
And I thought, seeing as my husband has the worst memory ever, I better write down our courtship, so he doesn't forget any details and so I can forever document the journey of us. So you all are the fortunate ones who get to hear all the details whether you want to or not. Um, cause it is my blog. So this week, in an effort to create the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" effect for me and my hubby I'm going to bust out the archives and write about us. How we began and maybe if I can figure out how to use our scanner, embarrass us both with some really awful pictures.
Um, Honey. Where is the scanner?
5 comments:
Oh yay! I'm so excited to read your love story.... I can hardly wait. What a great idea to keep you from getting too lonely while the hubby is away. :)
I'll be thinking of you this week, dear. Hopefully your little one will give you an easy time of it while Daddy is away!
Sweet! I've heard the abbreviated version but it will be so fun to see how you write it all out. Reminds me that I never finished mine, oops maybe yours will inspire me:)
My husband was stuck in a dance recital all weekend, lol... We have moved father's day to the weekend before (we've moved Christmas, Mother's Day, and most holidays, too... what's wrong with us?!?).
I'm gonna be writing about my hubby's semi-bummer of a Father's Day too.
I can't wait to read about your courtship! And see the pictures!
Oh GOODY! This is a terrific idea and I can't wait to hear the story of you two. Hurry!
Post a Comment