

Then sadly, my husband went out of town. The men in our family and a few others went up to the mountains to celebrate Brad turning the big 3-0. I wasn't there, but I heard there was a lot of meat devoured, cigars smoked and dr. pepper consumed. You know, typical man stuff.
And can I just say that I'm uber impressed that some one actually remembered to take a picture? Normally on trips away the girls are the ones nagging to document (or over-document) all these memories. Usually there is nothing to show from a guys weekend but a pile of campfire smoke laundry.

So what do girls do when guys go away? We play! Christie and Sam and Henry and I spent the night at Sara's house. And everything seemed to be going great. The boys went down good, the little girls skipped off to spend the night at Mama2's house and us big girls consumed (ok, mostly just me) a lot of cookies and were crafty until the wee hours of the morning. Our only hiccup appeared to be a lack of proper cable or something for the TV and DVD player, and that was fixed promptly by super David, aka geek squad. Thanks! We couldn't have watched girly movies without you! And seriously, what's a girly night without some girly movies involving a lot of bridesmaid dresses, blah plot line but over all happy ending?
Oh but it doesn't end there.
So around 12:30 I finally crawl into bed because I can no longer see straight and promptly fall asleep. Only to be awaken at 3:30 by my screaming child. Thankfully it lasted only a few minutes. But then at 4 I hear him stirring. Patting the mattress. Kicking the side of his pack and play, you know generally just being awake. Finally at 5 I snuck out of bed and out to the couch. Ahhh... peace and quiet. Within 20 minutes the sun had peeped through the window and into my face. Switched ends of the couch. Better. Then I hear it. pad pad pad pad the sound of feet. I look up and out walks a tired Christie with Sam on her hip. Apparently he too had been awake for hours. So we packed up our wide awake boys and drove home. By 7 am. Such a crappy sleep over. And I don't think Sara even complained about having to eat all the cinnamon rolls herself.
So I spent Saturday recooping. Did a little shopping and napping with my mom.
Then it was time to go and meet up with the ridiculously good-looking and uber nice Megan and Ian. They drove all the way up from the OC, with their dog, for me to take pictures of them. To say I was flattered was an understatement. And seeing as my brother had just gone and bought an absolutely sick camera and lens that morning (that's right peeps, he's officially a Canon guy now!) and was itching to play with it, he tagged along. We met up and had a great dinner and then it was off for some photog fun. And fun was had by all.
And if that wasn't fun enough.
I awoke Sunday morning to double snot slugs coming out of my sons nose.
Yippee.
So yet again, I stayed home from church.
By the time Scott got home around 5:30, I was so ready for a break. And that break came in the form of one final session for the weekend.
Tracy and Roger are getting married this weekend. Combined they have 6 kids. Six kids. That is a lot of kids. And poor Chase is the lone wolf amongst the five chickadees. I told him that just makes that many more guys he's going to have to beat up in high school. He seemed to like that prospect.



And not to be out done, but I awoke this morning to my own set of snot slugs.
Joy.
I think this is God telling me to slow down. Or maybe just not cram this much ridiculous fun into one weekend.
Oh and have you heard the news??!!! EEEeeeekkk!!!!!
12 comments:
I believe you call that a weekend of sTuPeNdOnKtAsTiCnEsS. Sounds like a good one, but I hope your body doesn't suffer too much from being run down! The pictures are fabulous, I LOVE the one of Chase posturing with his sisters in the background. Love it.
um hi that engagement shoot just blew my dang mind.
Three shoots in one weekend??? Yeah, I do think that God is telling you to rest. :) I love that shot of Chase and the girls in the background. So cute! Well, I love all of them. :) I love you Lorie and loved hearing about your weekend. :)
oh cute little lijah and company! can't wait to see them all!
the train and laying in the road shot were incredible.
and Chase? how cute is he with his entourage! sorry about your slugs:(
I am glad you are back. I love reading your posts. And I love looking at all your pictures.
wow. what a lot of stuff! :) Hope the little one is doing better. I just love that 1st photo, he hair and smile.. so beautiful. great job, as always.
you do such a great job. do you live in california? i live in the central valley and have been wanting to get some family pictures taken. i was something creative and fun, which i can't get at sears =)
lorie, we LOVE the photos!! it was so so so much fun and the results are so beautiful. thank you so much for trading- why didnt we start this when we were pregnant?!
you cant even tell lijah was complaining in most of them!
and we are sorry for making out...kinda :o)
ok, that IS crazy! but it sounds so fun! Look at you go, with all your shoots. I love how your career as a photog is totally taking off... yay!! Pretty soon I won't be able to afford you anymore... :)
The pictures are amazing. I especially love the last shoot, with the family. That last shot of the boy with all his sisters in the background is so great.
I hope you and Henry are both feeling better now!
GREAT pictures!!!
Lovin the pictures! Christy is going to have to schedule her family shoot when she gets back from Washington.
Thanks for the shout out :)
Post a Comment