Monday, July 28, 2008

a finale

The houses spread further and further apart. Industrial yards grew fewer and fewer. The orchards thinned, giving way to rolling brown hills. A speckling of trees began, filling the dull brown canvas with polka dots of green. Green overtook the brown and then it's my exit, with cows to greet me and pink balloons to direct me on my way. My windows went down to let in the cool mountain air, with Leann Rimes singing in the background.

I met the bride in an old house that use to serve as a brothel among other things. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of our surroundings. The kids dodged the camera, slowly growing more use to me. The bride hid and did her best to keep from peaking out to see her groom. The guests started to arrive and just like that it began. It was beautiful from beginning to end. The words of the pastor echoing through me, reminding us all of the covenant they were becoming. Not just a promise, no. Because promises are broken. But a covenant, a solemn vow between you and God. That's nothing to take lightly. As he slipped her ring on her finger, she smiled with delight, this was not the ring she expected. A surprise wedding band and her smirk made us all giggle.


They kissed and were announced and the party began. I hung with my good friends, and many silly pictures were taken. The food was amazing, the cake divine and the friends and family were warm and welcoming. It was perfect.

The perfect ending. As I packed up my equipment and headed back down the mountain I sighed and closed a chapter in my life. Saturday night was the end of something. Something that I worked hard for, something precious, something that I accomplished. I look to the future with hopeful anticipation and excitement for what is next, with bittersweet sadness of this most enduring time of my life.

You just never know where you'll see yourself...

How's that for Pioneer woman?=)

Rockstar Family

um, Privacy please...

Rocking it with Julie

These kids rocked!

Mr. & Mrs.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The privacy please one.. wow! beautiful!

I see you in the jelly beans!!! :)

Talia said...

great pictures as always (I love the privacy one too!!), and the wedding sounds just gorgeous and beautiful, but I'm confused... what ended, which chapter closed??? :)

The Sammons said...

What ended? Are you done with photography? What?!
I am missing you tons! When are you coming up? You were suppose to come last month:-)Miss you tons sweet friend.

Stephanie said...

Those are some fabulous pictures!!!! You did a great job.

Olive Oyl said...

Oh, Wendy looks so beautiful! Great job, Lorie!

IndianaJones said...

These are lovely but I too am confused...no more weddings?

Brent and Julie said...

Love the wedding pics....I want to see more. Can I have a sneak peek puh-leese. Brent said he's disappointed his photo didn't make the cut. :)

p.s Are you not doing weddings anymore? Come on you have us all puzzled!!!!

bandofbrothers said...

nice post, little writer-girl. gorgeoues pics. My fav is the "rockstar family". they are too cute and you captured them beautifully. and loved the candy and horses too!

said...

ps that was anna not gracie.. im logged into her thingy somehow but it doesnt matter anyways because as everyone knows we share a brain.