Tuesday, July 29, 2008

my dear Davi

You know who she is right? The sweetest, creative-ist, craftiest, lovable thing ever? She can make you pee your pants laughing one minute and make you stop and do some heavy thinking the next. She challenges me and reminds me of who I am on those darkest of days when I lose my footing. She's not afraid to give you her honest opinion, even when you've told her you don't want to know the toxic levels of your child's sippy cup. But it's enduring. Being around her makes you just want to be around her more. If I could spend every afternoon on her porch I would. Seriously, she's the kind of friend you hope and pray to have and can't imagine your life without. One time I heard this analogy of friendship. That a good friend will bring you soup when you're sick, a true friend will scrub your kitchen floors when you're sick. She's that kind of friend. The kind of friend you would scrub floors for, because she's already scrubbed yours. I'm so thankful for her and love her more everyday.



I love you ms. Davi!

8 comments:

Barbie said...

Yes, she is! And so are you! What a sweet post.

bandofbrothers said...

Omigosh, LorieLove. I'm dying over here. After reading your incredibly sweet words I skipped in circles for 5 minutes, not knowing what to do with myself! I have no words. I'm completely humbled and honored by your words and kept looking over my shoulder thinking, who's she talking about? Surely not me! You are a one-of-a-kind gem and I'm so blessed to call you my friend. Here's a super SMOOCH and a Gigantic Bear HUG! I love you my dear precious girl!!There's a HUGE attack of the smiley bedtime faces tonight, that's for sure. Thanks for my month early birthday present!!

Emery Jo said...

awwww... so sweet!!

said...

awawaw. for meeting her once i thought she pretty much ruled!

Unknown said...

i cried when i read this. everything you said about our davi is so true and it makes me sick that i made such good friends in davi and in you and in christie just in time to move. i think its rotten i didnt meet you all years ago.

Jessica's Little Women said...

She is a great friend! And an even more sensational as a sister!


Love you Dave!

Talia said...

I already feel this way about Davi, and I've not even met her yet!! (something that MUST be remedied soon) So I can just imagine how much greater she is in person.
This is such a sweet post about wonderful little Davi... and it just goes to show how wonderful you are too!!

Kurt and Alisha said...

Ys Davi is oh so sweet. I have only had the pleasure to hang out with her once (well twice if you count nursery ;) ) But I am so blessed to be getting to know all of you. You guys are so sweet and caring. I only hope we can hang out more in the future.