Wednesday, August 06, 2008

blarg

It's only Wednesday and I want this week to be over. Maybe it's the heat, maybe it's hormonal, maybe it's just me, but ugh, this week blows. I've done fun things, I had a fun photo session with my fam on Monday. had a hot double date with good friends last night, but during the day I'm attacked by lackluster blah for everything. I don't want to edit. I don't want to change diapers. I don't want to clean. Plan a meal? Forget it? Go to the grocery store...that would require energy. I just want to sleep. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Or vedge. Vedging has been my full time job this week. I hate it when I'm like this. I'm a go go go kinda gal. Someone who goes even when she's about ready to drop dead. And maybe that's what this is, the aftermath of someone who doesn't stop. Unfortunately the things that get sacrificed are the things that would help me. Ice cream social with friends could go a long way for uplifting me out of my fog, but no, I slept through it. Cleaning my house would make me feel less stressed about the long to do list in my head. Yet here I sit, blogging. Looking at etsy. Checking my emails. Google chatting with my brother. Dreaming of the bedding I want, but also loving the runner up that I can afford. I feel like I've done nothing thus far this week. And when I look back it's because I haven't. My to do list with daily chores that I started with this week has been lost somewhere under the clutter of crap that is accumulating on my kitchen counter and in my brain. So I apologize for the lack of blogging, and the lack of anything exciting enough to blog about. Bare with me while I wait for the blah's of this week to melt away in hopes that next week will be better and I'll be back to my old self.

I envy her life...

10 comments:

MEGAN said...

hang in there!

And, just in case you wanted my bedding vote, I love the affordable option!

Talia said...

hmmm, are you sure you're not pregnant? Becuase you pretty much just described my life for the last two weeks.... :)
It's hard, it is. I know exactly how you feel. but if it makes you feel any better, I was all impressed that you baked a chicken pot pie (a very funny and cute one that I cracked up at, I might add), and I was all "woah, that girl is so domestic!" :) You ARE a go-getter, a busy girl, Lorie... so don't feel too bad if you need to have a lazy blah week every once in a while. The Lord and your body know what you need, so maybe this week is just what you need, and I say just revel in it a bit. And while you're relaxing, spend a bit of extra time chatting on the phone with friends, or reading a book you've been wanting to, or a little more time praying or reading the Word. Those are the things that have gotten me by lately, and I am finding (through neccessity, for I have no choice somedays-- it is quite humbling) that quiet, lazy time can sometimes be just as useful and needed ( as well as God-glorifying) as having a clean house and being busy all the time.

Sorry, long comment, and I hope I didn't sound all preachy. You know I'm not trying to do that. :) I just feel you completely on this, that's all. I'll be thinking of you!

And yes, BEAUTIFUL bedding. Either one is so lovely.

Emery Jo said...

that bedding is fantastic!!! I personally like the west elm better than the anthro.

And.... I feel this way a lot too. Including right now. I think Talia's advice is SPOT ON.

love to you!

scottlandyard said...

stop complaining and get back to work. you have guests tomorrow.

bandofbrothers said...

yes, i would write something, but Talia has said it all. Maybe she should be our blogging Dr. Laura or something.

and scotty...I signed you up for bathroom or vacuum duty for that comment:)

mrs schienbein said...

ooo...I hear ya, sista! only this is how I feel all.the.time.

I'm still not used to my new schedule, so I'm perpetually exhausted. toss in some 88-90 degree days here in Seattle with no air conditioning and I'm out. done for.

stick a fork in me. I'm delicious.

wait...that's not how that goes.

Amy said...

I totally understand the blahs! I fully expect to have them when I return to hell, I mean the heat next week. Sometimes I think I need to ground myself from the computer. For example, right now I was supposed to spend 5 minutes only on the computer. It's been 6 minutes and I don't really plan to stop. Bad, bad. Good luck getting back into life.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but found your blog through your SIL and love it! It's so funny that you posted this today because I have been feeling like this all week! At first I felt bad that I wasn't getting my to do list done but I took a 2 hour nap today and feel good about it! I hope you get some much needed rest this week!

Unknown said...

Oh yes that affordable bedding is to die for! I'm sorry you have the blahs, but I am the same way: go go go and then crash. I hope your energy finds you again soon

IndianaJones said...

this sounds all too familiar. I thought I was coming out of the fog until we've had a string of really hot weather and now, well, not so much.
Would 25% off the anthro bedding make it affordable for you? I could probably facilitate that happening through my SIL who works for them if it was a possibility for you. But I do agree I like the affordable just as much if not more.

Hope things look up for you my friend.