
The breeze whipped around me as I rode, enveloping me in crisp morning coolness. Teasing me at the very thought that fall is just around the corner. And I drank it in. I rode hard and let Roxie run free, bounding as a bunny with her ears trailing behind her. I put her in the trailer to protect from the over sized dog that was much too interested in her for my comfort. She whined, thinking she would like to meet this big brute. Ha! But I knew better. Once he and his master had passed I let her back out to run. It's been a long while since she's had this much exercise. She ran as though she was smiling. I sure was. It had been far too long since I had done this as well. We rounded the corner and back in the trailer she had to go, the street was much too busy for her to run free. She whined. She was enjoying her freedom. We had the playground to ourselves, and I breathed a sigh of relief that there weren't any hoodlums or "youths" hanging around. We all got out and stretched our legs a bit. Roxie sniffed and peed on everything. I swear she thinks she's a boy, marking her corners where ever we go. Henry discovered the bewitching feeling of soothing, yet itchy wet grass on his toes. Did I say Henry? I meant Bat Boy. Cape and all. We made conversation with Jackson and his master; an old dog of which breed his mother could not recall. She was as old as he. Two peas in a pod they were. Both gingerly treading along, excited for some new young blood to sniff and chat with. But it was time to go home and I wanted to ride free. So into the trailer Roxie went. I think she was tired. I never heard a peep out of her the whole ride. It could have been because she and Henry were napping against each other, or because I was just like a young pup myself. Pushing myself against the breeze, feeling the cool air whip through my hair, cooling my damp skin. It was a delicious morning and it makes me all that much more anxious for fall to arrive.


12 comments:
Yay for fall time! and Yay for Bat Boy!
Okay...Bat Boy is "stinkin" cute! (to use your words. hehe)
I too rode with the wind this morning...all the way to work on my trusty ole bike! whew! it's a long way to work, but I love riding along listening to the birds, dodging the squirrels that dart out in front of you...and I had to dodge the workers ON the sidewalk (yes, I ride on the sidewalk on those busy streets!) and the workers IN the street!
The ride home....the pool kept calling my name! grams!
Lovely!
oh my! where'd you get that costume, i love it!!
OH MY, bat costume is great? My little boys have costumes galore (batman, superman, spiderman, black spiderman, and a whinnie the poo bumble bee that is hilarious). So fun, the bike ride and the costume.
SO cute!!
I love fall, too. The other day it was supposed to be in the 80s. So excited that it wasn't 100 degrees outside, I put on a long-sleeve (albeit thin) shirt...then changed about 10 minutes later. Sigh....
I'm afraid I've been banned from biking until Caleb arrives. What kind of trailer is that; I want to add it to my baby registry!
yes, haven't our breezes lately been simply DELICIOUS??? I cannot wait until fall is here either!!
I'm so glad that you, Batboy, and Roxie got to get out and enjoy the beauty, and I'm even more glad that you wrote about it so wonderfully for the rest of us to enjoy. :)
sounds like a glorious day with your bat-boy and roxie-girl:)
OK, I"m hearing the Batman theme in my head! Your guy is too cute. I love him. I want to squeeze him and kiss him and soak up the little boy-ness that I"m missing!!! You inspired me oh creative photogin Lorie out West... I"m doing a contest on my blog! Thanks for the entertainment and inspiration;-)
i need to get a bike. and a dog. i can wait on the little boy though. (but yours is cute enough)
Post a Comment