Sunday, October 12, 2008

In which I'm going to appear quite vain...

But I can't help it. We are pictures. We are photog adventures. We are over-documenting our lives. And loving it by the way. And when your bf keeps monopolizing your camera you end up with a lot of pictures of yourself.

I can't even believe that I could be left so recharged and refreshed when I was gone less than 24 hours, and spent the last two hours rushing home to make it in time for pumpkinpalooza 08 with the fam (more on that to come). But I was. My first night away from the boy couldn't have been more perfect. We had amazing conversations. We bore our hearts and souls; revealed the good, the bad, the ugly, the unsure. We ate brownies and shared an enormous king size bed. We photoged and photoged some more. I shared with them my most favoritest old house ever. The one that each time I visit it becomes more and more dilapidated, and I in turn, become more and more bold in my exploration of it. Some day soon I'll drive to see it and it won't be there. Or I'll get too bold and be crumpled to death by the most perfectly, beautiful deteriorating house ever. Davi said she wanted to move in. I said we'd have to get rid of the bees in the bathroom first. To quote her " I don't like greenery, I like deadery".

So true.





the chandelier that davi wanted to bring home...



the ring she really wanted to bring home...



wheeling and dealing with the jewelry dealers...








cause you can't go to morro bay without going to the shell shop, and davi had never been.




that small drawer might have come home with me...I can not confirm nor deny that....



the wallpaper in the scary green bee invested bathroom. I swear this is the ultimate backdrop for an anthro campaign.



pictures by Ellie Grover.






pictures of Ellie Grover.










and where was davi in all of this? photoging up the wazoo. I think she was on sensory overload.




but I did manage to sneak in a few of her as well...




ellie and davi, I love you. thank you for the perfect day away.... I'm already counting down until our next adventure....


16 comments:

Olive Oyl said...

So fun! As much as I adore being a mother, nothing is more refreshing than going away with dear friends for silly/fun/reflective/serious/soul-searching girl time. :)

I love the picture of the stairs!

Alisa Marie said...

looks like sooo much fun!!! Tad took me to the shell shop for the first time a few years back. I guess i'm your not a bakersfield tourist until you've been.

you reminded me i need to get in touch with my girlies.

bandofbrothers said...

oh, my chandelier. sigh.

and could i look any more out of place in my non-anthro clothes? next trip? shopping for me, please.

and i finally realized why I was having so much consternation with my camera. it was accidently set to Tv mode instead of manual. I'm cracking up at the one picture, where I look so puzzled.

oh, and LOL about your bathroom picture!

MEGAN said...

LOVE your yellow sweater!

Barbie said...

Ahhh...friends! There really is nothing better!

Oh and LOVE the house...especially the window moldings. Beautiful pictures as usual.

Emily Main said...

i have first hand knowledge that weekends like that are seriously the best ever! ... and needed much more than we let ourselves enjoy.

themurphys said...

Soooooooo fun! I agree. Time away with your girls is the best! And yippeeee for your first night away! Something very freeing about feeling like your own person for 24 hours, I know! Love the house and the photos are amazing!!!

See Sherm Blog said...

I love the friendship you 3 have. It so cute.

Looks like you ladies had a great time hanging out and catching up. Awesome pictures... of course! :)

Ashley said...

how fun! i need to get into that house. it's awesome! i love that you said:

We are over-documenting our lives. And loving it by the way.

perfect!

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

That house is AMAZING! Looks like you guys had a grand time indeed, good for you!

p.s. I totally want your yellow sweater. :o)

Sara said...

I do not think that three such amazing people should be allowed to be best friends. They hog up all the talent. It's just no fair to the rest of us. :)

Emily Faulknor said...

So, where is that house? In Bako? Looks like fun Lorie, I long for the day that you and I get to go out Photoging together like we did in the fields and rain in the Czech Republic. Love you!

ELLIE GROVER said...

give me my yellow sweater back. especially now that it's popular.

lorieloo said...

yes yes, I must confess...it's not my sweater=) but I am trying to figure out a way to keep it... mwhahha

*CPA* Su said...

You say vain, I say FABULOUS!!!! You ladies and your pictures...I concur with Paulette, it's just not fair! The pic of you standing in the window H-O-T!!!!!!!!

Jessica's Little Women said...

Beautiful pictures! You are very talented! And adorable! But keep my sister out of that house, it looks like it's gonna fall in on her!