Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Samber

So two weeks ago, the bro and I shot the cutest little hippy wedding ever. Seriously. ADORABLE. This wedding really made me think back to a discussion my mom and I had about weddings. How now a days it's the bigger and better mentality. Back in the day when my mom got married, you went to the church and got married and then went back home to your mothers house for cake and punch and pictures and crepe paper and that was it. And while the bigger and better weddings are AMAZING to be a part of and photograph, there was something so perfectly, simply sweet about Sam and Amber's celebration. It was truly reflective of who they are as a couple. I absolutely loved being a part of it, and the back home mentality of their celebration. Here's a few of my favorites.









10 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Beautiful! Weddings SHOULD be simple. It's about celebrating a union of two people. Use all that money for a BIG wedding on something that you need like a house or something. My wedding was outside and very simple. Hawaiian themed. I don't regret a thing. :)

Emily Faulknor said...

Lorie, I love all of them, my fav is the first one with the flare. I love the expression in this picture as well. Great job! Love you!

bandofbrothers said...

these are amazing! seriously, could they get ANY cuter???Stunning, Lorie. You outdid yourself. Love the one of their noses together. one of my favorites of yours.

See Sherm Blog said...

Adorable! Those pictures are timeless.

Talia said...

these are so beautiful, especially the two closeups of them, that it gives me a funny little ache... you know, a good one.

I am in love with her dress. Oh, simple weddings are so wonderful!! You and your brother did an amazing job too.

Olive Oyl said...

I love the second one too! SO gorgeous.

The Hartnett Family said...

Lorie...you take gorgeous pictures and I loved the info about the wedding, sounds perfect!! I seriously need to come to Bako for you to take photos of my son someday!!

Just Jiff said...

Gave you an award. :)

misguidedmommy said...

I WANT TO MARRY HER DRESS

Mommy Diffee said...

She has an amazing smile!