Friday, January 30, 2009

because sometimes...

... getting over the cold is harder than the cold itself.



yeah, remember that paci that was almost gone? well it's back.
in full force.
blarg.



this being a mom stuff is hard.

15 comments:

Brett and Emily said...

But you are GREAT at it! Love you!

See Sherm Blog said...

Awwww... so cute. I'm pretty sure that every time my nephew gets sick, he requires his paci WAY more than normal too. Its comforting. :-) Hope he's feeling back to normal soon!

mytwentysixthyear said...

amen.
thank goodness your client is so cute though :o)

Sally said...

Aww. I know he wasn't feeling well, but those pictures are too cute!! and you're a great mom! You didn't drag YOUR kid out into the rain and mud, did you??

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Beware those fluoride vitamins. They gave my boys fluorosis, whereby they have too-strong outers of their teeth (with white patches) and the insides are mushy and prone to huge cavities.

I'm so glad he's feeling better!!

lorieloo said...

thanks Em, but that's a Tylenol bottle he's holding=)

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

I noticed the Tylenol bottle right away, SO CUTE how kids always want to hold those bottles with the rubbery tops and then they look like little druggies. Hang in there Mama, whatever you're doing is working it seems!

Sunny said...

Awww, I am so sorry he is still sick. The picture of him laying around on the couch is adorable.

The Norvells said...

yes....when I am sick I often cry for my passi too :>) (wink).

Rach said...

So cute...even if you aren't feeling like this is a cute phase. Poor guy. I don't know what it is about the Tylenol bottle! My son looks for it on his changing table and feels the need to chew on the rubber top. I try to discourage this, but sometimes, there just is no energy. But, speaking of the paci issue...My friend's little girl brought me a book from her room, yesterday. It was called "Pacifiers Are Not Forever". I got so excited cuz I think I need to get this book to introduce the idea to my son that he is going to have to sleep without a paci at some point. Fortunately, that is the only time he uses one.
By all accounts, it seems you are a fantastic mom. I love that you capture the fun moments and the sick days on your camera, too. :)

Amy said...

Poor little guy...I hope he feels better soon! I love the picture on the couch with his blankie, sippy, paci, and what looks like the remote. Priceless!

Just Jiff said...

Awww, poor little guy. We have RSV, double ear infections, and teething all in one kiddo at our house. And me? I have the adult version of RSV and double ear infections. No fun at the Jiff household. :(

Mommy Diffee said...

So hard ... but you make it look so easy! Peyton has been just as down and out. We have missed two weeks of church becayse he has been too bad to take out and around outher kids! There is just not much you can give a 1 year old =( Peyton got a double ear infection also, icing on the cake! But the one park I feel so bad for loving is that he was such a snugle bug while he was sick =) I soaked that right up!

Talia said...

it is indeed hard... but you are doing such a great job with your boy!! I sincerely hope the sickness and yuckiness is behind you now for a while and life can return to normal. you've been in my thoughts!

as for that paci, well, sometimes you gotta give 'em whatever works. :)

.jimaie.marie. said...

He is just beyond precious. And I am NOBODY to be getting on you about that paci..my 2 and a half year old still has his. *winces*