Monday, January 12, 2009

playing hooky

The morning started out pretty rough with Henry. He cried through his oatmeal and wouldn't eat much. He didn't want to be held, but didn't want to be put down. An hour after some motrin and his antibiotics he calmed down. The boy has his first ear infection. The doctor actually applauded me. Although I don't think it was anything I've done. Just lucky I guess, until now.
When we finally calmed down he decided he was hungry and wolfed down my entire huge bowl of cold oatmeal. By then we were wiped and the idea of then rushing to get to church was not at all tempting. And so we played hooky from church. We haven't done that in so long, and although I did miss it, it was nice to just be lazy together in our pj's.

And by lazy I mean watching Ratatouille and playing guitar hero. Cause my husband loves me so much that he used his own gift card to buy me my own wireless guitar. But let's be honest, it's probably because he wants his guitar back and hates that when we play together I always get the good one.

So laziness insued. And it was good.









"all done!"


props to the hubby for the following pics, I was too busy rocking.


this is one of those classic accidental captures that just makes me giggle.








good job mom!


The End.

16 comments:

Emily Faulknor said...

hilarious my friend. So cute. The oatmeal all over his face is classic. I hope Henry feels better soon. I love you much!

Just Jiff said...

I absolutely LOVE the oatmeal face! And sooo cute seeing him hold the other guitar.

Have you tried Rockband yet?? It's SO much fun!

Barbie said...

So fun! Some days you just need to play hooky, and it looks like you guys had a great time doing it. Aubrey still hasn't had an ear infection, but I bring her in every few months paranoid that she might...I'm such a hypochondriac. Henry is such a handsome lad! (because lad goes better with Henry than boy ;) )

Amy said...

I love the pictures with the guitar! It looks like he's really rocking out! We played hooky Sunday too...

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable. Nothing wrong with hanging out in your pjs!

Sally said...

The look of concentration on your face is great...even though that's not the focus of the picture. =)

And I think you have a mini rocker on your hands...maybe his mama, too!

molly june. said...

poor lil' dude! ear infections are no fun at all! hope he feels better soon :)

alyssa said...

He looks so cute with that guitar!!! He's definitely going to be a rockstar someday ;)

Eliza said...

Great pics from Scott! Super cute!

Lisa said...

So cute! I love the little rocker pictures.

We played hooky yesterday too because I was up all night coughing. Ugh!

Lindsey Woodland said...

okay, random question- Where did you get the red bowl Henry was using??? Oh and your son is freakin' adorable!!

Jana said...

ahh!! all of these pics are awesome and SO fun!! i feel for you on the ear infection thing - micah made it through 12 months w/o an ear infection and in the last month and a half he's had 3!!! :( he's also in the clingy, don't put me down phase right now while he's sick so i fully understand the lazy day! hope he gets better soon!

*CPA* Su said...

Oh Honey-I had one of those Sunday's too. If I could have gotten away with it, I would have cried till my mommy picked me up too! LOL!! Sometimes lazy days are just what we all need!

The Norvells said...

that's how I eat my oatmeal too.

Talia said...

aw, so sorry about his ear infection. Those are miserable for EVERYONE. But seriously, I don't think I've seen anything cuter that's coated in oatmeal. :)

David Anderson said...

Holy Crap when did that kid get so much hair?!!