And it's not just me.

Blame it on the remaining teeth working their way in, sore throat, or over all sickie bugs to my child deciding that he needs to wake up and cry for multiple hours of the night. Scott and I are rotating nights. Thank God tonight will be his night. (Your welcome honey=)
Surprisingly, in the midst of all the growing pains around here, I finally see a glimmer of my son returning. You know, the son that went and hid behind a cloud of snot and infections and aches and pains about two months ago? I've been telling people for months, it's the not the sickies that are driving me crazy. It's that my little independent playing boy disappeared into a clingy, completely dependent, whining child. He no longer will go play with his toys. He has to be where I am, doing what I'm doing like right this very second. Which makes things like scrubbing a toilet pretty difficult. (Thank goodness I have an excuse for that one). But on Monday I discovered him doing this. Sitting on the hearth, reading his pirate book. And not just reading it, but pointing out, to himself, all the things I've been working on with him. He found the snake on the ground, and the monkey in the tree. He found the pirate on the bridge. And then went back to find the snake and monkey, because we enjoyed the praise mommy was giving us.



So while I feel as though sometimes I'm walking backwards in a fog (which would explain why I seem to run into EVERYTHING) these precious perfect moments are what get me through the sleepless days. And when all else fails, Ratatouille and the newly discovered Lady and the Tramp are there to get us through the sleepless nights. Bless you Walt Disney. Bless you.
7 comments:
oh, you make me laugh.
and the pics of "Hunley", as the boys are calling him right now, are just precious. we love hunley!
i remember feeling like toast at dinner time because...i still feel like toast at dinnertime. Lord have mercy on us both.
and yes, i too would love to scrub my toilet in peace.
Hmm. Sounds like someone ELSE needs to scrub your toilet for you. =) That's what I would be aiming for.
It's funny how fast we forget some of that stuff about being pregnant, huh? Hang in there! I'll be praying that your boy gets back to normal soon -- so you don't have to watch Disney movies in the middle of the night!
When I first found out I was pg with my 2nd my 1st was only 4 months old. She wasn't even rolling around that much yet! LOL As terrified as I was, I do remember thinking how nice it was to just lay with her on the couch when the nausea and exhaustion took over! One thing about the 2nd time around is that you know, this too shall pass! And pretty soon you'll be watching your wee babe laying on your big belly and giggle every time his head bobs cause the one inside is kicking or hiccuping :) It's a surreal experience for sure! Hang in there!
debilitating is a good word for it-- describes it perfectly. But I love that you have such a sense of humor about it and such a great attitude. Hang in there, girlfriend, and don't worry about certain things, just rest when you can. I think my house was the messiest it's ever been in the history of my homekeeping when I was first pregnant this time around, I was SO tired. In fact, when I had a cleaning lady come before Jeremy's big birthday party in August (there was NO WAY I was getting everything done myself at that point) I paid her $15 more than she was going to charge me because I felt so bad about how downright disgusting everything was!! lol
Anyway, I hope Henry is on the upswing now and will be back to his normal self soon. What a time of it you've had. Like you said, thank God for movies, they are a pregnant-girl-with-children's best friend :)
can i just say, thank you for a new post?! i was feeling soooo disconnected :) jk.
gosh, i feel for you & your boy. poor lil' guy! there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere, right? & it has to be closer than it was before? right? :) keep trucking...you cuuun dooo it!!
oh, & i thank the good Lord for disney everyday. especially nemo. what would i do without nemo?! xo
p.s. totally forgot you were pregnant 'til this post. short term memory loss i guess. OMG!!! all over again!! OMG!! :D
You have perfectly captured the first trimester exhaustion in your post. I am so sorry that Henry has been not quite himself lately. I hope he recovers fully and in the meantime, let the good Disney films play on repeat! ;) When you find something that lets you just get through the day (or night, in your case), you've got to do it!
those pictures are darling!
Post a Comment