Friday, May 01, 2009

because there wasn't enough excitement 'round these parts...

You know, what with one of my BF's having a sweet new baby boy, and getting to hold my BF's PRECIOUS little boy, and spoiling my BF who just had an ADORABLE little boy, I'm pretty pooped out from all the excitement. And get this -I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE BABY. But boy did I have a wake up call that I WILL have a baby. At one point this week I called Scott at work.

"Honey, did you know we're having a second child?"

"Yes, Honey, I did know that."

"Oh. Cause I'm at the hospital and some woman just got wheeled by me in a wheel chair and she was panting and leaning to one side and was sweaty and stuff. And for a moment I was excited, then I got anxious, and now I'm on the verge of completely panicking."

Scott actually laughed out loud at me. Something he rarely does over the phone, especially while he's at work.

But the excitement is definitely kicking in. Mostly because 1 of the 3 milestones in this pregnancy has been hit. When I got pregnant I thought, first Davi will have her baby, then David and Jillian will get married, and then Sara will have her baby and then it will be my turn. Welp, 1 down, 2 more to go. And that makes reality set in that this is, in fact, actually happening.

blerg.

And if I wasn't whooped enough from all the excitement of babyhood, get this, SUNDAY is coming.

Sunday Scott and I and Henry are playing hooky from church and driving over to the coast for the day. We're going to go play at the beach and eat at Firestone and walk around SLO. I am SO incredibly excited.

Get this. That's not all.

Then Scott and Henry will pack up the car and leave me in SLO, well, Morro Bay actually, to spend the night with one of my other BF's...you may have heard of her...mrs. ellie grover? That's right. We're having a spend the nighty at her grandparents condo and I could not be more excited to get an Ellie fix. It's been far too long since our last one.

And believe it or not, that's not it either.

Monday morning Ellie and I are going to wake up and join 5 other women at the first ever Cameron Ingalls Workshop.

HOLY CRAP. An entire day with my BF, with one of my most respected and admired photographers, in one of my favorite towns, with other female photographers from all over California. How could it get better than that?
It can't. It REALLY can't.

I am so beyond excited for this weekend I can hardly stand it.

But seriously, at some point this adrenaline rush of excitement is going to end and then I'm going to be REALLY tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time this weekend! Sounds perfect!

Eliza said...

Sound's so fun. Have a great time! I'm like you - every time I think about another one, I somehow don't really comprehend that then I'll have 2 kids.

Excellent Parent said...

I am seriously considering going to firestones after church for lucnh and seeing if I can meet you! Dont worry im not a stalker! That weekend sounds like so much fun!! And I see why SCott laughed, that made me laugh to! Especialy with the pain so fresh with my youngest! Bless you!

mytwentysixthyear said...

thats awesome!!!
what an exciting week and im *so* excited for you to take that workshop. how inspiring!