Sunday, June 14, 2009

22 weeks

We had our "big" ultrasound on Thursday. We were quite the sight, Scott, Henry, Me and both sets of our parents cramped into one little room. But we do babies BIG in our family. I always look forward to ultrasounds like a little mini party. For a brief moment I can catch a glimpse of our little bean squirming and kicking around. It's like a peak into a secret world of a (seemingly) never ending pool party. I love seeing the 4 chambers of the heart and the little dots indicating the stomach and bladder and kidneys and such. So amazing.



We think Wheezy has the exact profile of Henry's ultrasounds. But then again, I think most ultrasounds look exactly the same.

Wheezy was quite the mover and shaker during the ultrasound. At one point he/she kicked so hard the whole room was like "WoW!" Crazy to feel the kick and see it at the same time. Everything looked good and healthy and we are very thankful for that. My placenta is a little lower than they would like, but my doctor does not see anything wrong with it and says it will not affect our plan for a vaginal delivery, which made me happy. But just to be sure we'll check it again at 30 weeks. As well as get a good look at Wheezy's brain. Apparently he/she was moving SO much during the ultrasound that was the one organ they couldn't get a good clear shot of. Oh darn. Another ultrasound. Well shucks...if I have too...

And while yes, most of you hate me for not finding out the gender, it is so much fun for us to not know. To not plan. To not have to make decisions on names (yet). To not buy every boy or girl thing in sight. It's fun to enjoy the pregnancy with the unknown and hopeful expectation of the end. Scott's favorite moment of the whole pregnancy is his walk down the hall to tell the family what it is and then to lead the grandparents back into the room to meet their grandchild. His eyes dance and his voice quickens as he plans possible scenarios on how he could/can announce it. Even though part of me would love to know who is kicking me in there, I could not take away that moment from Scott. To him it is precious, and therefore, precious to me.

Not to say that I will always maintain restraint in purchasing things for the new baby. When have I ever shown restraint when it comes to uber cute clothes in miniature size? Or clothes in general for that matter. They are, have been and will be my biggest retail weakness. But I'm trying to be good. And I think I've done really well this pregnancy. So far all I've bought is a huge box of newborn diapers.

But this just happened to be in the mail one day.
I would never order my child something from anthropologie.
Not me.
Nu-uh.
Never.



Beanies are my weakness...
And shoes...
And stripped socks... Screw it.
I just love clothes. Period.

Lord help me if this is a girl.

15 comments:

Barbie said...

Cutest beenie ever!

bandofbrothers said...

what a BEAUTIFUL profile! that baby is darling.

so cute how excited scott gets to announce the gender.

how on earth are we supposed to keep each other accountable when we have the same clothes weakness???

i cannot wait to see all the adorable photos of your new baby in that cute beenie!

Anonymous said...

I think it's fun to not find out. I, however, do not have the patience for it. Can not wait. No self-control. That beenie is adorable! Glad baby is healthy, that's all that matters!

Brent and Julie said...

I was totally thinking that the baby looked like Henry! I think it's fun to wonder if he/she will look like Henry or totally different.

p.s Have you seen Gracie's closet. It is so hard to resist the girl clothes!!!

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh Lorie what a truely amazing picture of your precious little baby, I am in love already! I am so super excited for you!

katygirl said...

I'm in looovvvvvvveeeee with that beanie! Can't wait to see the little one wearing it! I saw you at church today but didn't get a chance to say hi. :) Have a good week!

Excellent Parent said...

that hat is cute and looks really easy to make, I mgiht have to try that. Oh and your baby is beautiful!!

Olive Oyl said...

Um, you know I will be stealing that beanie. :) Hello... robin's egg blue goodness! Maybe your girl baby can pass it down to my girl baby in like five years. :)

Can't wait to meet baby Wheezy!!! Only 18 more weeks (or a bit more if he/she is stubborn like Mister Henry!!!).

See Sherm Blog said...

Happy 22 weeks! Love the ultrasound. I was disappointed that we were never able to get a profile shot like that of Rowan. I've always thought the profile ultrasounds are THE most adorable ultrasounds ever. :-)

Oh and of course the beanie is adorable too!

themurphys said...

Gorgeous. Not the hat. Well, the hat too but wow. He/she is beautiful. So excited for you four! xoxo

Talia said...

22 weeks already!!!!!! Wowza. And look at that, your child is ALREADY adorable. I love ultrasound profiles! I'll keep praying that everthing continues to look good and goes smoothly.

that hat is to die for. No wonder you had to buy it! I would have, too. It makes me so excited... I simply cannot wait to meet this newest little one!! :)

calikatrina said...

Hi Lori! I bounced over to your blog from Molly's and noticed that you and I have similar taste in baby items. Check out my blog header. :) I did a whole post on it too... http://babylohman.blogspot.com/2009/03/header.html ... and he happens to be wearing striped socks along with it! Are we twins or something??! :) Congrats on your new little one on the way!

Rachel V said...

What a lovie! So happy that all is healthy and well. I think it is fun that you're not finding out. Love that little owl hat!

David Anderson said...

You make some pretty great hooters!!

Sara said...

Oh Wheezy we can't wait to meet you!!

I'm with you Rie on the weaknesses. Socks, hats, and bows have started to consume my thoughts! :)