Tuesday, June 23, 2009

obsessed.

it's always something.
I have a new obsession pretty regularly.
Whether it be a current food/drink that I can't get enough of.
A certain creative idea that consumes my thoughts until I get the chance to fabricate it.
A book I can't put down.
A movie I can't stop watching.
Etsy. (but that one never really ceases to go away. hmm)
A song I want to hear over and over all. day.

Lately it's been necklaces.
I found this rad one on etsy awhile back, and considered making it myself, but I finally just broke down and bought it. Sometimes it's worth it to buy it verses spending forever getting it all together.
Plus since my dress for the wedding was so cheap I felt a smidge justified in splurging for a cute accessory.



isn't Ashley soooo talented???
and you can buy a necklace JUST like it here at the oh so fab CooKooRiKoo shop.

but back to necklaces.

So my fingers are itching and my machine sits waiting on my kitchen table.
(yes, mom, I do at times, put it away...but never for long)

I'm doing these next.

I tried braiding fabric last fall and fell in LOVE with the result. It's got some weight to it as well as stretches a bit. LOVE IT.



Here's the tutorial from a fav Etsy creator that I follow (stalk). Seriously, her family is so adorable you too will be hooked. And her creations are awesome as well!


And this one just seems SO simple and SO pretty. And I have a bit of "fancy" scrap fabric that will hopefully work.
I recently stumbled upon Jessica's Happy Together blog and am thoroughly inspired! Check it out! I know you will be as well!



Here is the tutorial for that one as well.

I've also been attempting recreating the necklace I made for Elliegirl for her birthday last year. Cause I decided I need one too. And I still have all the supplies. But I'm struggling with finding a needle strong enough to sew through the ribbon AND have an eye large enough for the metal wire I used for Ellie's necklace....
But I'm determined.



So if you see me at the grocery store or at the park with a stained tank top and sweaty shorts but a FABULOUS necklace just know that yes, I am in fact a little crazy. And a lot obsessed.

15 comments:

IndianaJones said...

a little crazy, a lot obsessed and totally and completely adorable.
I too stalk cakies and I'm on pins and needles to hear what she names her next child!
beautiful creations, can't wait to see what you end up with!

Olive Oyl said...

Love it. Of course, I am also ridiculously obsessed with fun neck lovelies, and now I totally want to make all of these! Super cute! And I swear, my students totally pay more attention to me when I am wearing a funky necklace!!

*CPA* Su said...

You should make one of these and then hold a giveaway b/c I want one too! ;-) I adore fun necklaces!!!

molly june. said...

will you make me one too while you're at it?! ;) i know you have a ton of extra time on your hands (sarcasm), so it shouldn't be a problem. i've had the one you're wearing & cakies on my etsy favorites for just about forever (even though they were prolly sold a long time ago), but never find the extra money to buy one :)

oh, & you my dear are drop dead GORGEOUS in that picture! that dress?? with that necklace?! the yellow & gray?? somebody call the hottie patrol!! :D

Jessica said...

Hey Lori,
I have been meaning to get your number from Bekah, but it hasn't happened so I thought I would try this. First, I love your blog! It's fun reading all that's happening in our life, and I feel like I'm getting to know you so much better. Second, Patrice and I are starting a little business and I was going to get your advice. If you ever have time and could give me a call I'd love it. 661.373.8841
Thanks so much and hopefully I will see you next time I'm in bakersfield

Emily Faulknor said...

Oh cousin, you are so adorable and uber talented. You always have some craft going on. Yes, all of these necklaces are AMAZING! I totally envy your creativity. Can I just burrow you for a month to redesign and create everything for me? It could be a good business for you... think about it.. please? :)

bandofbrothers said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of you Lorie. You look amazing in the dress and necklace!

Ashley said...

you are so gorgeous. and that necklace was ROCKING!

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot for sharing that Etsy store....my husband won't thank you though because I found about 10things that I want! :)

Talia said...

One word: STUNNING. You, that is. Seriously, what a knock-out in that dress and necklace with your red lipstick!

I love the braided necklaces!! What a super-fab idea. I bet if you made some of those and put them in your shop I would HAVE to buy some. (hint hint) sure, I could try to make them myself, but I have a feeling yours would be cuter anyway :)

Becca said...

You are just so creative! That necklace you made for Ellie blows me away! I particularly love the delicate gray one...I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link love :) I must say, your photography is so beautiful! I'm off to peruse around your blogs some now!

Home Sweet Sarah said...

Aaand, I just ordered one of her necklaces. Thank you!

Sara said...

You're just beautiful. And you are the reason for my recent Etsy obsession. And I still don't even have any Acholi beads yet. And it's just not fair (whine and pout inserted here).

Rubyellen said...

Oh my! You are just gorgeous!!!

I just found your conversation linking me here. Forgive me. I am so so behind in messages. Thank you for the shout-out and sharing about my necklaces! You are much too sweet!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Stop by and say hi!!!