Why go to the muesum of course!
Our local museum is so fun. It's been around forever. I can remember going on field trips there as a kid and doing their safe Halloween event once as well. I bought a membership last fall, because on top of being quaint and fun it is a land mine of amazing places to take pictures. With my membership we only had to buy 1 ticket for all 11 of us to get in. (Helps that the 4 littlest all were under the age limit). Next summer we won't be so lucky.
So here is a slew of our adventures at the Kern County Museum.
Checking out the Jungle Room...


Brooke is just too cool. She wore her sunglasses the. entire. time. Hilarious!

Chillin' like a villian.

We learned about Lewis and Clark...well not really, but we explored none the less.


James was pretty excited about the tepee... Is that the correct way to spell Tepee??

Then onto a room I'm not sure what it's called. It's like a mini town with EVERYTHING in it.
They got to be firemen and women as well as drive an ambulance and take turns flashing the lights.




Henry spent the entire time shopping. He was the town Grocer.




We got a weather forecast from our local news anchor.

And we all visited the cutest bank tellers EVER.


Then the local talent put on a play.





Pretty stinking cute if you ask me.

After much discovering...


And even more running around...


We ended our day with a little picnic lunch. Henry was squawking at me for not bringing him a juice box. Apparently I didn't get the memo that all the cool kids get juice boxes.

It was so fun rediscovering a childhood memory through the eyes of my son and nieces and nephews...but phew. I don't know who needed a nap more, me or Henry.
13 comments:
So cute! I need to find someplace like that for Rowan. You know... when he's older. :-) Looks like a fun summer day for you guys.
What a great day. They were so well behaved that day! I think they could have stayed in that play room for forever. We must do it again. And I think for sure a membership to the museum is in order again for next year. :)
Rie - I need these pictures. There are some I must have enlarged to put in my new window slots. I love them.
Seriously looks like all the kids enjoyed themselves. I LOVE Lori Brocks! Henry was hamming it up for the camera...so cute!
I need to take Ryan there. He would have so much fun.
They are so adorable. And so are you and that baby bump!!!
first, you are so cute~!
second, these pics are so sweet...I especially like the fire room ones...
and is it just me or does Henry sort of all of a sudden look like a kid?!
fun pics lor! i absolutely LOVE it that Henry was the town grocer! so cute and funny
and the news anchor pic of coco is priceless. awesome. maybe she should work for the news.
So jealous! So cute! GREAT pictures Lorie!
Loving that museum! Makes me want to go visit our museum! Ohh fun!
I wanted to also let you know that I enjoy reading your blog and feel as if I can relate alot as to what you are going through! I have 2 little ones my self 2 and 4. My boy Luke is the older and Allie is my baby!
Look like you guys had a great time. Adorable pictures sis!!
must.have.these.pics. Seriously, thank you for bringing your camera!
Post a Comment