Monday, July 13, 2009

great capture

So I'm finalizing pictures from the wedding my bro and I shot two weeks ago and I stumbled upon this picture he took of me.



I love this picture. Because I'm smiling through my camera. I'm so enraptured in what I was capturing I couldn't help but smile. That's what I love about my job. When my subject's smiles (or lack there of) become infectious.

I love this picture because my brother took it. It's only been two weeks since I hugged him goodbye, why does it feel like months?

I love this picture because my brother is so talented. He's such an artist. I have loved watching his eye develop over the last two years and am honored to be his subject from time to time. He has truly come into his own, finding his voice and creating who he wants to be in this world of photography. I know he will thrive.

I love this picture because it is full of love. Love by the subject, the artist, and the event it captures.

Thanks bro. I miss you. Achingly.

12 comments:

Emily Faulknor said...

I love this capture because it is you and you are adorable and I love you.

Excellent Parent said...

i want to feel that way! love it!

Talia said...

*sniff* so sad how you miss your bro... I know how that feels. It hurts.

But you look gorgeous... I love how much you love your work!! YOUR joy is infectious to those you shoot!

molly june. said...

you are so beautiful friend! i love this!

Anonymous said...

I love that you love your work so much. The joy that you have while shooting comes across to your subjects (even when it is really windy and you are taking pictures of a whining 1 year old) :) What a great photo that captures you perfectly!

See Sherm Blog said...

This is adorable!

Sara said...

You doing what you love! SO great!

Mommy Diffee said...

The picture is precious, but your post gave me a single tear ...

bandofbrothers said...

wow, that is priceless!

David Anderson said...

Love ya sis, it does feel like it's been months. Jill and I both were talking about that last night...it's only been 2 weeks..? How is that possible, it feels like we've lived here for months already. Not in a bad way, but in a holy crap it's only 2 weeks way.

I love this photo of you. You know who knows why we got that crazy hair to join forces, I mean it was so good for us and so bad for us at the same time, but this photo captures why I loved it so much. Despite everything else I just loved watching you work. There's something inspiring about your passion for this thing called photography. I know you've gone through a lot with some many people around you turning to photography, did you ever stop to think that you inspired to it? Seriously, your heart, and enjoyment out of it is contagious!! That's why I loved this image, I saw it and had to get it. You amongst your subjects just beaming!!
I love you more than you know sis, and miss you horribly!! Can't wait to give ya a big ol' hug!!

.jimaie.marie. said...

awwwwww!!!!!! this post plus your brothers comment was just too much precious goodness in one post!!!!
<3

Alison said...

he really caught such a great moment in time! you look so beautiful and happy too!