
It's pretty much as amazing as it sounds.
Scott and I watched The Blue Lagoon last night. We'd never seen it but basically knew the premise. I knew there was controversy surrounding this movie (or at least there was when it was made) because of all the nudity and because Brooke Shields was under age. I was surprisingly was way less bothered by the nudity than I thought I would be. Maybe that just proves that society and the media has completely rotted my brain and completely desensitized me to nudity in general, or maybe I just really enjoyed the story and therefore completely bought the whole "innocence" of the movie.
Either way, I dreamt of tribes people hunting Scott and I on a desert island all night. awesome.
Any advice on how to teach your toddler not to hit? Cause we're in desperate need of some help. Yesterday I witnessed a toddler version of what can only be described as a gang beating. And yes, my son was the guilty party. And his poor defenseless cousin sat shaking and sniffling for a good ten minutes after, whilest the culprit screamed his head off during the longest time out in history. Consequently we've removed all whacking paraphernalia from the house (yes Papa, that includes the Caesar Palace sword you got him) and he's only allowed to play with his baseball bat in the yard with us. But beyond that we're at a loss. I can only pray that he recognized what he did yesterday was wrong. So very very wrong.
After witnessing such a horrible wreck last weekend I'm so much more aware when I drive. I've been taking things slow and really trying to be attentive. Scary how fast your life can change. (And for those of you interested, the driver was 15, under the influence and was fleeing from her hit and run accident a mile away. Lovely.) Seeing the boarded up garage, messed up brick column and torn up grass today reminded me of how precious life is and how thankful I am that no one was seriously hurt.
I finally signed up for Abundant Harvest and am so giddy about my first box this weekend I can hardly stand it. I think I'm only going to get it every other week though, because we're not super big veggie eaters, just big fruit heads. And I don't want to be wasteful. So I figured I'd try it out for a month or two and see how it goes. But seriously. A mystery box of produce? I'm can't believe I'm this excited for Saturday morning.
And yes, my bro and sil officially live in another state. And it blows. Stupid Texas.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Well that all folks. Those are my random thoughts for the last few days. I'm off to go lay down and rest for the rest of bubba's nap.
7 comments:
mmm. pb&j. i had that for lunche today.
i dreamt a gorilla was chasing my family and pastor jeff tried to save us in his jeep...
john said i could do abundant harvest...i'm a little hesitiant to go ahead with it because we are big fruitheads too. you will have to tell me what you got.
sorry about texas:(
You will love Abundant Harvest... the mystery box really gets you to be creative and try new things. And it is GREAT that you are big fruit heads because there is usually a ton of fruit in there, more than we can eat. We're like drowning in stone fruit right now. It's super silly. Oh and if you want to know what you are going to get ahead of time you can just look on their website. :)
Is it bad that I was totally laughing while reading about Henry hitting?? Of course, I don't think his hitting is appropriate, but the way you described it...LOL. Aubrey and Reagan sometimes duked it out (bet you can't guess who started it). Time outs seemed to work, but sometimes that would just make her a sneaky hitter. I think they just grow out of it, kinda like biting.
P.S. Grant is my work verification. I love that as a boys' name, but Justin won't let me use it. You should add it to your list...I think Henry and Grant would make hansome brothers. (Tangent)
I've been meaning to sign up too!
seriously, that wreck by your house is so scary!! I'm so thankful no one was actually hurt. Wow.
I'm sad for you that your brother moved away... I know how hard it is when family leaves!! :( Hopefully there will be lots of visits back and forth. That is one good thing about it; you have a good excuse to get out of the state and take a trip! :)
I want your sandwich... mmmm.
My child hits also. That is such a hard thing at this age. Keep correcting them, and they will learn soon =)
Pregnancy dreams bug! We watched "Taken" the other night ... the dreams have been dreadful!
I have friends that split their box of Abundant Harvest! I think we are going to do that. It makes you try new things =)
Loved seeing you last night!
Take it from the mommy of a rotten little boy. He does not recognize it was wrong. And it will happen again. And it will pass. After a sweet docile little girl, I had an equally sweet, but rotten biter AND hitter. It was smackdown city. And we all got through it. And I was more upset than anyone else ever was. And as much as it sucks, it's age appropriate. But trust me, it will pass.
Post a Comment