Our appointment yesterday was at 1:30. I wasn't nervous for it, just anxious. Anxious excited. I've had enough time to pray and receive advice and I just felt okay going in. That was the morning time. Then 12:30 hit and I had to get Scott and I and Henry fed and out the door and my nerves kicked in. I wolfed down my sandwich, my legs ticking the whole time. We got there on time but as we sat and waited I was just a ball of nerves. Scott kept telling me to read a magazine, but my mind was racing and there was no way I would have been able to focus on anything. When it was our turn the specialist seemed nice enough. He explained that according to my 22 week ultrasound I had a three vessel cord, but according to my 30 week ultrasound it was a two vessel. My brain instantly sort of went into a panic mode of "Oh No you DIDN'T just misdiagnose me two weeks ago and put me through all this for nothing!" But by the end of the ultrasound it was official, I do have a two vessel cord. The specialist asked how the pregnancy had gone up until now and we said it was good. Scott said this was our first real "hiccup". The specialist shook his head, no, this isn't a hiccup. While there is a small chance of complication, the majority of babies with this condition are born perfectly healthy. We asked about the size. He seemed unfazed by it being on the smaller side, explaining that all babies are a range. And that while yes, the baby is measuring smaller than my original due date, it's growing steadily at a normal pace. Praise the Lord! As he explained that doctors are obsessive and so they would like to continue to monitor the baby, all I could think about was that Wheezy was okay. My little peanut baby was okay. I had to fight tears again, but this time because I was overjoyed.
As we sat and waited for my appointment with my regular doctor I teared up for good and Scott squeezed my hand.
Wheezy is okay. Praise the Lord!
That being said they are going to monitor me closely for precautionary sake. Another ultrasound and a non-stress test at my next appointment, and then weekly non-stress tests every week from here on out. We'll also have up to two more ultrasounds between the next one and delivery to monitor the amount of fluid around the baby.
The other good news was that Wheezy was head down, which I'm praying he/she will stay that way. And even with everything that has gone on my doctor still is supporting and encouraging my desire for a vaginal delivery, given that no other complications arise between now and the middle/end of October when we will finally get to meet our little Wheezy Babe.
Ultrasound pictures are so much cuter when they're little and can fit nicely in picture...but nonetheless, this is our precious Wheezy.

To say it was a good day was an understatement.
But it get's better.
Scott's grandma was flying out here on Tuesday for an extended stay (I think she plans to stay through January-February) when she got stuck in Denver due to bad weather. 82, alone and terrified. Bless her heart. But God surrounded her with helpful people and she safely made it here yesterday. She was tired, hadn't showered but was in good spirits as she met for the first time, all 4 of the grand kids born in 2007 as well as the newest member of the family.
Little Ada Lee was born on Monday afternoon around 3:45. She weighted 7 pounds, 7 ounces and was 21 inches long. She is beautiful!!

Sar is just a radiant mother...


There were some excited grandmas...

Some joyful grandpa's...

And a very smitten daddy...

But mostly there were a lot of ecstatic little girls...




I've been continually reminded that the God of the universe cares for us. Isn't that amazing? That the Lord of Lords and King of Kings knows our needs and takes care of us. He blesses us continually, and with everything from safe travel to new life.
Holy Holy, is the Lord Almighty!
24 comments:
Amen and Praise the Lord!! I am so encouraged by your faith, during this time and always! Continuing to hold you all in my prayers, but I know our Lord will prevail...He ALWAYS does! :)
And congrats on yet another beautiful baby to your clan! She's a lucky little girl!
Lori, We are so happy for you!!! I have been praying for you everyday since I read about your precious little one. Praise God. He is so faithful. And congrats on your niece.
J
Lorie,
Scott and I have been praying for you guys every night before bed so we are THRILLED that the Lord has answered the prayers!
What a wonderful week for your family! Wheezy looks fabulous in that picture. I'm so glad that you got good news at your appt. I will continue to pray for Wheezy's safe and healthy arrival. Beautiful photos of Ada and I still think it is sickening how good Sara looks just after giving birth. NOT FAIR! :)
So good to hear. I like how reassuring that specialist was. Sometimes doctors see so much scary stuff and they tend to worry more than most which is both good and bad. Good because they are constantly on a alert and prepare, bad because sometimes they are a little over the top and scare their patients. I kind of liken it to when I worked at the news station and would listen to the emergency scanner all day long. Because I heard so much about car accidents and crime I started being really afraid while I worked there of something bad happening to me. It was kind of a blessing in disguise when I was fired because my anxiety in that area went WAY down. Anyway, I'm sure there is reason for concern and monitoring, but it is also nice to get reassurance from a specialist and have trust in the One who holds it all in His hands.
How absolutely incredibly awesome to hear! I'm so happy for you and Scott and the wonderful news you heard. What a wonderful answer to prayers.
And YEAH for Ada! Those pictures are just gorgeous!!!!!!! Congrats to everybody!
oh girl! you make me cry every single time! :) such good words to hear! so good to be reminded that the God of the universe cares for our every need, too! thank you thank you thank you Lord!!! xo
Gosh Lorie, you make me cry every time! :) I love you, I love Scott, Henry and Wheezy and I love your pictures. They are precious as you are precious to me. Am I cheezy-yes, but true. :)
oh Lorie, What a blessing!
I am so thankful! and I will continue to pray for that little bean in side!
God is good, and I'm so joyful for your gorwing family!!!
Plus - i adore those photos you have of you new little niece!
Praise God! I am so happy & relieved to hear the good news about little Wheezy! Can't wait to meet this sweet little one soon!
Ada is BEAUTIFUL!!!
What a wonderful week for your family! I'm so happy for a healthy Wheezy -- God is so good! And Ada is beautiful - great photos!
Told ya so.
Lots to be thankful for indeed!
Beautiful pictures of Sara and the family! Well done!
Praise the Lord! Love the pictures of the family. You're so talented Lorie.
ahh, just gorgeous. you will come take photos when i have a baby. done.
Yay! I've kept you and Wheezy in my prayers.
Thanks for the update. I'm on FB, but we're not friends on there, so I keep up with your blog instead. :)
this post makes me smile and my heart happy for so many reasons.
God is so, so good!!
These photos are just beautiful! The expressions are priceless--the grandmas, the grandpas and the smitten dad. Wonderful story to tell and love the black and white!
I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for your good news! That is definitely a great answer to prayer! And you've been bathed in it over here. :) Love you guys! bethany
Love, love, love you.
Oh Lorie I am so so so happy things went well and baby is ok. I can't wait to meet this precious special little baby. Hugs!
yeah!! i've been praying for you and your family and wheezy and i am praising the Lord for His faithfulness. i will continue to lift you guys up in prayer. our God is an awesome God, He reigns from Heaven above with wisdom, power, and love. :)
-amy erickson
SO SO much to be thankful for!
Thanks for documenting our day with such beauty and tenderness. You're just plain great.
I AM THRILLED FOR YOU.
BUT SERIOUSLY THE PICTURE WITH THE TONGUE OMG WAYYY TO CUTE
Post a Comment