

but we're not quite ready to go.
Let's start at the beginning.
Last night was not a good night. I ached. I hurt. I had a head ache the size of Mount Rushmore. And my belly hurt so dang bad. Not like contractions, just achy, stretching painful belly. It was not good. But the baby was moving and so I wasn't trying to stress knowing that I was going to the doctor today and I would talk to him about it at my appointment.
Today Scott took the day off to help me out. I knew there was just no way I could handle taking Henry to his two year doctor appointment. The boy usually screams from the time they call us back to the time we leave. It's STRESSFUL. And where I'm suppose to be taking it easy and not lifting him as much, I just knew it was more than I should be doing. So Scott took him. And it was STRESSFUL. Two shots and so much screaming that he actually popped blood vessels in his cheeks. Yeah. That is some SCREAMING.
I had an appointment with the ultrasound specialist this afternoon as well a non-stress test and doctor appointment. As I got ready I just had this feeling. As I flat ironed my hair I thought, "Well if I have a baby today then at least I'll have pretty hair". I second guessed putting on a fun necklace "because if I have a baby today I really want my 'Henry' necklace on during delivery". (I know, weird, but I do.) Chalk it up to mother's intuition. But I just had a feeling things weren't right. And the fact that Wheezy was barely moving was doing nothing to aid my concern/worry.
Over an hour after my appointment time (no, not bitter AT ALL. blerg. I hate this medical group.) I finally was able to see the specialist. He's been pretty even keel. But not today. He was very quiet. Constantly stopping the ultrasound to compare measurements from two weeks ago. I kept trying to read the sizes but I couldn't remember the exact measurements from last time, only that two weeks ago Wheezy was 3.5 pounds. Finally I caught the weight. 3.9 pounds. 4 ounces. 4 ounces in two weeks. That's not good. I had hoped and prayed for at least a pound. I instantly started worrying, panicking, fighting with all my might to not start crying. He cut the ultrasound short since we couldn't get Wheezy to move. He ordered a NST (Non-stress test) immediately saying he wanted to approve it before I went to see my doctor. I already had been scheduled to have one, but the manner in which he behaved sent up all kinds of red flags. I knew this was not good. I did in fact tear up at the reception counter. The nurses were sympathetic and compassionate and understanding. While standing there waiting for the tech to come get me for the NST I called Scott to come immediately. Thankfully my sister in law was on her way home and was able to pick up Henry and Scott got to the doctor by the time I was finished with my NST. As soon as I was alone in the NST room, listening to the heart beat and praying for Wheezy to just wake up and move, I just let myself cry. Cry and pray. Pray and cry. And then, just like that Wheezy woke up. Rumbling and kicking around and even a case of the hiccups. I cried harder. Praising God for each and every movement.
Scott and I were called back to the doctor rather quickly, thankfully. And it wasn't long before we were talking to the doctor coming up with a plan of action.
Tonight I had an steroid injection to help with the development of lungs and the growth of the baby. I'll get another one tomorrow as well as another NST. On Friday I have a follow up appointment with the specialist to see if the steroids did anything to help the baby. Worst case scenario, if they have not helped and Wheezy is still not growing then we'll have a baby, most likely via C-Section, this weekend. (Because my body is not ready for delivery induction could be long and disastrous for both me and the baby and so a C-section would be the safest way to get the baby out. And yes, another C-section was not what I wanted, more than anything I want this baby to get here safely.)
We're praying that by Friday progress will have been made. That Wheezy will have put on more weight and the lungs will be further developed. If that happens then from here on out, as long as progress is being made, I will have twice weekly ultrasounds and NST's. It is possible that I will make it to full term, but only if my fluid levels remain good and the baby continues to grow.
But seeing as we were VERY close to being admitted and having a baby tonight, and the fact that we could still have a baby by the end of the week, Scott and I are sort of in that panic that everything-has-to-be-done-right-now mode. The infant car seat came out of the attic and both it and Henry's car seat liners are washed and currently drying.

holy crap I'm going to have two car seats in my car!!
I cleaned out my car and made Scott wash it tonight. Laundry is being done. Henry's Big Bro shirt I've been wanting to sew for a month will be hopefully done tonight. Picking up and cleaning and trying to organize my life in the next two days, just in case Friday ends up being the day. The box of newborn clothes and swaddling,snugly blankets and burp rags came down from the attic as well.
As scared as I am of all the possibilities and the unknown I'm excited as well. Excited to meet this little peanut babe. This little sneeze of a baby. My Wheezy. I want Wheezy to come when he/she needs/is ready to come. And I have comfort in knowing that God is already there. He already knows the day. He always has. And I will patiently wait on His perfect timing, knowing ultimately that it will be perfect. Whether the baby comes now or later. Whether I have to have a c-section or not. Whether or not the baby will have to stay in the hospital after it's born or not. It will be perfect. Perfectly part of His plan.
So please pray with us. First and foremost for Wheezy to grow and develop. But also for peace of mind. For wisdom and discernment for the doctors. For acceptance and complete submission to our Heavenly Father who does and always has had control over this situation. What an amazing thing to know He already knows Wheezy's name. Knows every hair on her/his head (and what color it will be =).
Amazing.
26 comments:
oh dearie, thanks so much for sharing your heart. i just love you, and wheezy pie, and will be praying for you nonstop. precious post!
Your attitude is so admirable, thank you for sharing it and thus encouraging others. We will be praying.
also...my SIL, who has had 4 c-sections said that the recoveries do get easier each time...:)
sending so so so much love!
My how my Lor has grown into such a lovely young woman. I am proud to be your MIL. We unite with you and Scott in prayer, thought, and love. Soon we will say happy birthday to the precious babe God has created just for you two.
I'm praying, praying, praying! I hate the idea that I may be gone if you have he/she this weekend but I want more than anything a happy/healthy baby and mommy! Try not to worry and for heaven sakes...RELAX! Even if everything is not perfectly in order a lot of it can wait or be done by family and friends! Rest! I love you friend!
Praying so many things for you right now but most of all that you breathe in the peace and comfort in being right where God wants you...what a priviledge that this is to be part of something big. God has chosen wisely to use you guys. Love you all so much!
I know you know this already... but still:
"Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid or dismayed, for the Lord your God IS with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9
Prayers & love,
Kate
Lorie - you and your precious babe and beautiful family are surrounded in prayer. Hang in there and still rest as much as possible...although I know you're trying to get everything ready. =) You are loved!!!
Your faith and attitude are inspirational. I am praying and will continue to do so round the clock until that precious baby is here safely.
Oh Lorie, I kept waking up this morning...wide awake thinking about you guys. I just kept praying then trying to force myself back to sleep. Finally, I had to get up and check for an updated. I had to know what was going on. You have SUCH A GREAT perspective. So much to be dealing with and yet you handle it with grace. We are PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING for you and Wheezy. Praying that baby has a big size boost by Friday and that she/he moves a lot in the meantime...so you're able to rest and remain calm. On a happier note...eeeekkk you're going to meet your sweet baby soon! (Hopefully not too soon;) )
Praying and praising God for you -- that you will continue to have peace that passes understanding! Can't wait to hear more news of His perfect plan for you.
Praying for you!
not sure what to say other than youre in my prayers and i love you!! youre going to do great in whatever plan the Lord has for you and baby.
Praying for you and baby Wheezy! I pray that God grows the baby and prepares you and Scott!
You have such a calm and peaceful attitude. I am praying for you, your family and for your sweet babe. You will come through this strong and with your beautiful child, be it in two days or at full term...and that is SO EXCITING!
Praying as we speak! And if you do have the baby this weekend GOODLUCK!
Oh Lorie, I have excited/nervous/scared butterflies in my stomach for you after reading this!! Such a mix of emotions... I can only imagine how YOU must feel right now.
whatever happens, yes, God is faithful and good, and you and sweet little Wheezy will be positively surrounded and covered in prayer. I will be praying nonstop for the perfect and happy ending to this difficult pregnancy of yours, however it may come about. We all love you!
ps. I hope it's ok that I share this on my facebook. The more prayers the better, right?
ps. I forgot to add that I basically drool, lust, and lose all possible words when I look at that diaper bag. Just so you know.
awww, lorie! i can't believe how incredibly encouraging you are in the midst of all this. i am so anxious for you, so i can't imagine the feelings you have right now. it is so good to know that God is already there & he knows the outcome, so hold onto that & find rest in Him. i will be praying. xo
We'll be praying!
Thinking about and praying for you & Scott and of course baby Wheezy. Your faithfulness is amazing. Baby Wheezy is already blessed with such an amazing mother. HUGS.
Praying for you and your family that all will be taken care of and that your anxiety is put to rest!
Hi, I read your blog but rarely comment because I am a totally lazy commenter. I just wanted to say I am sending up prayers for you and your little baby.
I have two little boys, my youngest will be a year in 2 weeks. He came 3 weeks early due to a placental abruption and God was there every step of the way.
Your faith is so inspiring. I know that everything will work out for you.
Love you sister. You're an inspiration and our prayers our with our sweet little Wheezy.
Hang in there everyone.
If you think this is stressful, just wait until Jennifer starts to drive! The both of you will look darling with grey hair.
I'm thinking of you.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment