We are blessed beyond measure to welcome our sweet, beautiful, healthy Benjamin King!

(Note Scott's wedding band in above photo)

(Note Scott's wedding band in above photo)
Born on,
Wednesday
Sept 23, 2009
~7:56 pm

He weighs 4 pounds, 6 ounces(yeah!)

He is 18.5 inches long.

We have a very proud daddy.


Oh, he looks just like Henry!


Could he be any cuter?


Mama is doing well.


Little Benjamin is just as precious as can be.


Truly a miracle.

More to come when mommy gets home and adjusts to juggling TWO!
posted by Davi
49 comments:
He's a teeny tiny Henry!
Thanks, Davi, for posting! For never having even seen Lorie face-to-face, this family has been on my heart and mind often the last few days!
I'm so happy to know that little Benjamin is healthy! I think I might cry. God is so good!
Oh boy I just checked your blog at the most perfect time....he is gorgeous! Congratulations, he looks SO healthy for being a tiny little guy, praise God! He does look just like your Henry, how fun!
These pictures are just so precious - a what a joyous outcome!! Baby Ben really does look like Henry - so amazing how teeny-tiny he is and yet so perfectly formed.
Hope your recovery goes swiftly and I can't wait to hear when you are ready to share about how his entry into the world was and how his name came to be (it is such a strong, timeless name - love it!).
I am so happy for you Lorie!!
Yay, PICTURES! Thank you Davi! I have been dying to get a glimpse of this boy. oh wow, he is soooooo tiny. And SO incredibly perfect and wonderful and precious. I seriously want to cry for sheer joy just looking at him!
What an amazing blessing. Thank God he's here and HEALTHY. a wonder and a miracle.
and yes, he looks just like Henry!! :) Love it!
I'm glad you're doing ok, Lorie, you amazing momma you.
welcome, sweet little Benjamin.
Congratulations again...it's like you have twins 2 years apart!
He does look just like Henry! Congradulations, he is perfect!
no words. what a little miracle and Mama you are standing up in that photo so you must be doing great!!!
that last photo is perfection on so many levels.
loves to you and your family Lorie and thank you thank you Davi for keeping us all in the loop even when we are so far away!
We are so happy for you. You have been in our thoughts and prayers constantly through the pregnancy. We are so glad he's here. Hope you're doing well.
Jes Caleb and Elijah
Congrats Scott and Lorie and Henry!!! He is amazing!!!!
Praise the Lord. He's precious!
Oh my goodness, I've never EVER seen two brothers who look so alike! I am so happy for you!! Benjamin - what a strong name for your beautiful, tiny little boy! I can't wait to see him grow and watch the bond Henry and Benjamin will have as brothers! SUCH a blessing!! Congratulations, little family!!
Amazing,beautiful handy work of God, I love when God's children can come together and seek His face for a blessing like this. You have got to know people are moved and blessed over your outpouring of faith you and this family declare,it is so moving. When I heard the news this morning tears of joy came. Thank you Father for this beautiful family, that expresses their love for you. I am so blessed.
Sorry, I forgot to tell you, I think he is just adorable, he made me smile and just want to cuddle him. What a cutie!
AHHH....tears! Such a blessing your sweet boy is! I think it is so amazing how perfectly formed he is in such a tiny body! Our God is good! Beautiful pictures...I would expect nothing less. :)
Beautiful beautiful pictures. He is just perfect. Such a HUGE tiny blessing! Yes, God is so good!
Praise God for a healhty little boy! He does look just like Henry. Congratulations to you all - such a precious gift!
Thank you so much for posting -- I have been checking compulsively in hopes of catching a glimpse of the new little miracle -- so happy for the whole family! God is good. And Wow does he ever look like Henry!
OMgoodness...I could tell that is a Chambless baby from a mile away!! He is precious and adorable and oh so perfect! Praise God!!
God is so good!
i cant believe how much he looks like henry! amazing how distinguished such tiny features can be. so happy for you guys and wish we could be there to help with henry and to massage your feet!
xoxo
-gretchen
Does he ever look like Henry! WOW.
He's just beautiful. Glad he is here safe and sound!
Congratulations!
I'm tearing up and it's 6:45 in the morning. He is so precious. Such and miracle from God. He does look just like Henry. Brent and I are so happy for you new little family!
What a miracle. We are so happy for you too...as Lydia and I were just talking about Benjamin yesterday, even though we didn't know his name! Congrats!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow! So happy that Benjamin is here and healthy! You all will continue to be in my prayers.
Good Job mom and dad! Praying for strength to adjust and carry you through these initial, tough weeks. Baby Benjamin...praying speedy growth and lots of strength!
What a beautiful family, God is a God of miracles and is enough for all we face.
Love you guys!
Such a sweet little family! God really is good. I can't wait to meet him and hear more about his arrival. The pictures are awesome!
He is precious, Lorie. Love the name!
I can not believe how much he looks like Henry!! I am so happy for you guys! CONGRATS!!!
He is adorable and looks so much like Henry! Congrats guys!!!!
Oh Lorie, he is so precious. So tiny and yet he looks like he's strong and such a fighter.
He totally looks like Henry. I thought it and a few photos later there it was in writing.
I'm so happy for you and continue to pray for sweet little Ben.
Love you guys!
Congrats - my nephew was born 3 months early so when I held him the month of his due date he was just about Benjamin's birth size. It was an amazing experience that's for sure and his name, Cort (which means brave in German) was very appropriate even before they knew he would have complications. Modern medicine is a blessing, so grateful for NICU's all over the country that make these bundles of joy healthy and strong. God bless you both and congrats. He's beautiful.
I am so happy he's here and healthy. Praying for swift recovery for you from surgery and for growth for little Ben.
Yesterday as my cupcakes for Bean's birthday went awry for the second time, I just thought, "You know, it really doesn't matter. First Lorie's baby and then they got the whole tumor out of our pastor's daughter." While I wish your circumstances were different, I'm glad for stuff like this that continually puts life in perspective.
God is so good!
Congratulations! He's so cute... He looks just like Henry! Praise God for a healthy baby and mama.
So exciting! All I could think about is that he looks just like Henry!! So precious!!
so small- so precious! what a blessing- congrats to you all!
Hugs, see you soon friend =) That is one amazing little boy Lorie, so perfect!
okay, i know everyone's sayin' it, but is he a mini henry or what?! and a teeny tiny one too :) he is just beautiful! so glad to hear he's healthy..my heart is so very happy. you did good friend! welcome to the world lil' benjamin! xo
oh goodness, he is just so tiny! I'm so glad you're all doing well, your little family has been on my mind & in my prayers all week <3
Welcome to the world sweet Benjamin King, you are just as precious as precious can be...
xoxo
Congratulations! I am holding down the lump in my throat. Pictures are amazing...but that last one just has to be the most amazing. HE IS SO FAITHFUL!!!! Love, love, love that Brenda keeps adding to her grandchildren mix! :-)
Wow, he looks just like Henry, but oh so tiny! Oh Lorie, I am so proud of you. Look how God has been faithful. You are so blessed. I love you, Scott, Henry and Benjamin so much!
Love you, love you, love you, Little Ben. Now I just have to remember to call you Ben and not Henry. It's really hard, you know...
I love, love, LOVE him. You looked so amazing today, and I can't wait until both you AND sweet Ben are home and safe and resting... :) Yeah for HEALTHY beautiful baby BOYS! :)
Congrats you two!Your right he looks like his big bro!
Lorie! He is perfect! Crazy how much he looks like Henry. I'm am SO happy for you and Scott. The power of prayer is amazing!
Benjamin, is this the way you will be for the rest of your life? Will your entry into each situation be as dramatic? Will everyone be as full of joy upon your arrival at even a September birthday party? Will you be as cute/handsome as you are today?
Oh, I think I can answer YES to each and every question.
Welcome to our world!
PS...as the youngest sibling myself I have some tips to offer on ways to drive Henry completely nuts while your parents think you can do no wrong. Get in touch when you can.
PPS...Scott and Lorie, nice job. He's a great addition to your family. Thanks for having such great babies.
PPS...Henry, please don't get too upset with Benjamin when he carves his initials into the refrigerator (or something like that) and blames you. Take comfort in knowing that you can drive him nuts sometimes too.
Congrats, Scott, Lorie, Henry, and - last but certainly not least - Benjamin. He is perfect and wonderous and a true miracle, like every little baby that enters the world.
You have never been to far from my prayers for you,the family and most of all little Benjamin. I couldn't help today as i thought and prayed once again in thanksgiving, knowing that we just experienced the most amazing miracle of this precious birth, it gave me so much hope in other prayers that I have sent up now for, I can honestly say years, I know God in His Mercy and Grace as He did here will do things in His perfect time and plan. It is so tough to express what Hope this brings.Sending my love to all of you.
Yes, he sooo looks like Henry! And so of course he's so cute! I am so grateful for God's hand in little Benjamin's life. Your faith has been such a blessing to all who love you and know you and I loved seeing God's faithfulness in this! Thank you, Lord!
--Bethany
What a wondrous little miniature of his big brother! Isn't it amazing what our God can create?! Those precious tiny fingers and toes...all perfect...and every part knit together right inside his mother's womb, just as the Creator intended from the very beginning! We're loving all of you from way out here in Tennessee...Scott, Lorie, Henry, and now Benjamin King. As I told my most wonderful brother, we now have both a Victor and a King in our family...pretty special, huh?! Congrats, Chambless family, and much love!!
Great Aunt Lee...and Grandmother Rose too
Post a Comment