Saturday, September 05, 2009

I should be sleeping...

But pregnancy insomnia has hit me full fledged.

So much runs through my head in the wee small hours of the morning. I'm Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and I are trying to rescue our brood of children from three scary thugs with chains by hiding them in a panic room in my high school theater. (No, my high school theater did not have a panic room. Unless you want to discuss the panic caused by walking into costume alley.) But speaking of Panic Room. My dream then morphs into hiding said children in a panic room from scary thugs whilst my daughter desperately needs a shot of insulin....and I haven't watched that movie in YEARS.

Seriously. I'm disturbed. And I'm not even going to discuss the scary baby night mares. The ones full of complications and deliveries gone awry. They're horrible and they leave me more exhausted than when I went to bed. And I pray that the images flee from my brain as soon as possible. Because they make me worry.

Worry. I don't really consider myself to be a big worrier. Sure I have those attacks of panic and worry and anxiousness from time to time, but I don't constantly worry about things. It's a blessing and a curse. But this baby stuff has created a mite of a worrier in me. Every time I lay down on the table for an ultrasound my heart quickens and I just can hardly stand it until I can see that little flicker of the heartbeat. And once I see the heartbeat I'm waiting with bated breath for him to tell me that yes the baby is still growing consistently. I'm very thankful that this little babe is growing. That is continues to have a heartbeat. That it continues to move and kick and stretch within me. I will never complain about this baby kicking me. EVER. Have at it dear babe, kick mommy's bladder all you want.

I'm seriously considering canceling my weekly updates from babycenter. It's sort of sad and depressing. This week at 34 weeks (WOWZA)my baby is suppose to be almost 4 3/4 pounds, the size of a large cantaloupe. Well as of two days ago little Wheezy was measuring just barely 3 1/2 pounds, equivalent to an "average" 32 week baby. That's what I have to keep telling myself. That it's just an average. That even Henry wasn't up to "average" size. But you can see how it only feeds into the worrier that I'm trying so hard not to be. And cantaloupes are even less appealing now.

But seeing as the countdown to Wheezy is now officially less than 6 weeks away my butt is officially in gear.

I'm packing the oh so amazing diaper bag as my over night/hospital bag. I've been saving it for this baby and was SO excited to pull it out and reexamine every pocket/pouch/zipper/compartment.

I ordered, washed, folded and packed the coming home outfits.





They're from the Itzy Bitzy line by Zutano. The girl outfit was one that I bought when I was pregnant with Henry, so I just bought a boy outfit and we're good to go! The boy one is very similar to Henry's coming home from the hospital outfit, just the newer print.

Now I'm just accumulating odds and ends. Comfy pants and nursing tank for the hospital, as well as travel size toiletries.

I really can't believe we're there. It's so close. And I'm anxious. Anxious to meet this baby and figure out what his/her name is. Anxious for this baby to come so I can hold it in my arms and no longer worry if it's going to move from hour to hour. Excited for all that's in store in the coming months.

And now it's 6:30 in the morning. The sun is up. The son should be up anytime. And I really could use a cup of coffee. I think I'm going to go sneak off and buy donuts for my men....

14 comments:

Mama2 said...

So cute. So exciting. But, your dreams are way crazier than mne and I thought I was off the charts.

See Sherm Blog said...

I had never heard of Zutano!!! Thanks for sharing the link! (Somewhere Kyle just clenched his wallet and doesn't know why.)

Sorry about the insomnia. That was one pregnancy symptom I never really suffered from, but I feel soooo bad for the ladies that do. Doesn't seem fair does it? Months of crappy sleep is headed your way, and you can't even prepare by getting good sleep now. Hope you are able to catch some good zzzzz's soon!

Barbie said...

Oh the dreams! I seriously have woken Justin up this pregnancy because I was SURE that someone was knocking on the windows. The dreams are just so real and vivid. They keep getting more and more creepy. I've only had one real bout with insomnia though and I hope that it doesn't hit later...sorry you have to deal with it.

UM...and the take home outfits...soo cute! Where do you find out about these websites??? I must be so uncool in the baby style circle. I will definitely be buying something from this site. Is this where Davi gets all her great beenies from?? Thanks for sharing the link.

.jimaie.marie. said...

I love baby Zutano! Our Nordstroms Rack used to carry their stuff and I loved it! Those outfits are presh!
I'm sorry about all the worrying and the insomnia :( I can't wait until that sweet boy is in your arms.

molly june. said...

i am SOOO anxious for you too! will he be a she? will she be a he?! :) either way, we know 1: they'll be cute & petite & 2: they'll be coming home in the CUTEST lil' onsie EVER!! i love you friend, and i think about you more than you know! a lil' obsessed? maybe. :)

oh, & p.s. when i clicked on the link back to when henry was born, i almost lost it! i don't think i've read that far back in your archives..& i'm thinkin' i just might hafta to have a lorieloo-a-thon tonight :)

IndianaJones said...

I can so sympathize. Hang in there my friend. Sabine was born at 36 weeks...way below "average" just like Indy and look at them now...both flying there way into pretty much every heart they meet.
Oh and something I've been reminded of in my own life lately that might be comforting...and seems rather obvious sometimes but getting it through our hormoney heads can be tough...that is that God is a good good God and He knows what he's doing. Many loves to you and the family. <3
P.S.
my word verification is recesses...made me think we could both use one right about now...a rousing game of four square or kick ball might be just the right destressor!

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh I understand the bad dreams, I had dreadful ones! Can you believe how close you are to holding your dear baby?! I am so excited for you! I hope you can get some good sleep soon Lorie.

katygirl said...

lorie...i love the little outfits! good job on your choices girlfriend!

Cheeziemommie said...

I used to work at JM's and Zutano was one of my FAVE brands that they carried. Glad to know they are still alive and kickin' :) Those outfits are too cute! I can't believe you're so close! Wishing you GOOD dream-less sleep so you can rest up before becoming a mommy of 2!

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

This is really funny (or not, because of how weird and scary it is too) but I posted a bit on FB about watching Panic Room last night, a movie I TOO had never seen before then, only to go to bed and dream about YOU! How weird is THAT??? Did you read my post last night and get bad ideas in your head from ME? Seriously, in my dream I was at some reunion with your family (A LOT OF FAMILY) and I loved you dearly and we were super close and blah ditty blah- CRAZY! Luckily I too can explain this away with hormones, but the NOT pregnant kind. ;o) Sorry you're not sleeping, I almost never do so I know exactly how miserable it is. *Hugs* dream friend.

MAYBELLINE said...

Hello?! Dreamer reporting in. I believe the name thing has been taken care of...Jennifer.

autumn said...

I love, LOVE Zutano! We just bought some cute newborn sized pieces and my mom got us an adorable Owl outfit for when baby is a little bigger....I love their stuff and the bright colors! Can't wait to see all the pictures of your little one all dressed up!
ps. my dreams....OUT OF CONTROL.

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Ohhhhh the dreams. They are insane sometimes, aren't they?

Your coming home outfits are insanely cute! I cannot wait to see the pics of your newest addition in them. :o)

Talia said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you're going to have a baby soon!!! Those outfits make it so, so real. (and they are adorable, by the way).

The end is so hard, for so many different reasons. I'm thinking of you daily and praying God gives you all the grace you need until that little one is safe in your arms. Love you.