
That look of determination on his face is becoming a common thing around here. I don't know where he gets gritting his teeth from....ehhem.


Roxie was less than impressed with the legos. But apparently they make for a nice place to lay.

Then it was onto breakfast. I made monkey bread, a favorite of daddy's and quite a hit with Henry. We even had candles, even though daddy did most of the blowing.






We made a pit stop at our girl friend Aubrey's birthday party, but by then the boy was on the verge of a nap and mommy just could not take chasing the boy around in the heat. But Happy Birthday Aubrey Paige! We love you!!
Then tonight we gathered up the great grandparents and the women cooked and chatted while the men watched football (GO SC!). While the steak was really amazing it was missing the magic touch of a certain very badly missed Uncle. And while I LOVED video chatting with them today, it made the ache for them that much more great. (6 weeks baby, 6 weeks and I can hug them in person!!)


Great Grandma Rie and Great Grandpa Mac's truck was the hit present.


He literally was jumping up and down with glee.


Still, with the jumping.

And while he did love his pop-up dinosaur book from his Great Aunt Jini, he only had eyes for his new truck.


And Great Grandmother Margaret and Great Grandpa Robert, don't be fooled, I might have passed up the clothes you got me for the truck, but come this winter I will wear them everyday WHILE playing with my truck =)


Then it was on to cupcakes. (Cause you know, he hadn't had enough sugar in one day...)


By then the candle blowing had been practiced and he actually helped and not just watched daddy.

He dove right into the funfetti frosting. (in honor of you auntie Jilly!!)



It was such a sweet day and tomorrow is another day of family and cupcakes and presents for our sweet boy, but this time he gets to share it with his birth day twin.
I really can't believe this little boy is almost two. Crazy to think that two years ago today I was still PREGNANT with him. Crazy to think how much this little boy has repeatedly stolen my heart and taught me and given me more in two years than he'll ever know. Crazy to think that this darling little boy has such a sort time left before he's officially a big brother; officially my "first child", or "my oldest". Just crazy what two years can do.
I love you so much Henry boy.
11 comments:
SO ADORABLE!!! I still remember Christie's text messages that you were in labor... then about your c-section. What a fun 2 years its been watching (mostly through the blog-o-sphere) Little Henry grow into a big boy and soon to be a big brother!
Happy 2nd Birthday Henry!!!
Happy birthday, Henry! You're a total cutie pie. :o)
yeah i'm going to need to know more about that cake. how do i get one, how do i make one, is it possible for one person to eat a whole one.
also, i am sooo jealous of legos. we can't have legos here because codi is still to little to understand STOP PUTTING LEGOS IN THE TOILET!
i just love birthdays! and to think, this will be henry's last one without some brother or sister trying to steal his cupcake! ha! he is so so cute! and lookin' more & more like a big two year old everyday! bittersweet, eh? xo
um, he is the best jumper in town and who wouldn't jump for such fun presents?! Happy birthday, big boy!
Happy Birthday Henry you are adorable!!
Ahhh your boy is precious! AND TWO?? Seriously, where does the time go?? Love the jumping picture...I bet the grandpas were pretty proud of their prize winning present (how's that for alliteration). Oh and I just went to the store this morning to buy the ingredients for monkey bread (googled it) b/c it looked so yummy! Thanks for stopping by our party. It was so stinking hot, I almost left with you ;)
So dang fun to read and see your pics.
Happy Birthday Henry! Keep an eye out on the mail box, Peyton might have sent you a little birthday wish!
Happy birthday, Henry!!! He is oh-so-cute and grown-up. I cannot wait to see him as a big brother. SOON!! :)
it sounds like you all planned out the perfect birthday shenanigans. There's nothing more fun than birthdays, so yay for spreading them out and living it up!!
I want monkey bread. and your necklace.
Happy Birthday, big brother Henry!!
I love the pic of Henry and Scott looking at each other in the chair. It looks like they're having some deep conversation. =)
Post a Comment