I headed downtown to my favorite antique store in search of a big boy bed frame. The one I bought from craigs list awhile back ended up being a FOOTBOARD, not a HEADBOARD like I had thought. Blerg. So there I went. Ben in the sling and Henry holding my hand, down into the basement to see what they had.
I was immensly proud of Henry. He listened. He stayed close to me. He only touched the glassware display 3 times instead of the expected 13. He kept himself busy by pulling an old rusty wagon around. I took pictures of perspective beds and explored a little with Henry.
I was mostly looking for shape, as I want to paint the whole thing black.


There were two of these pink little dressers. I loved the knobs. The dressers were screaming "take us home and paint us orange!"
We'll see.

Ben woke up and decided he needed to eat, so back up to the car we went. Ben nursed, Henry and I snacked on grapes and listened to the radio. There was that split second where I thought, okay, things are going too good, I should just go home now, I shouldn't push my luck. But Ben was milk drunk happy and Henry was in such a good mood, as was I. So I pushed on. We headed to the mall. Because it's thursday, double stamp day at hot dog on a stick. And I had a coupon for a free corn dog. Awesomesauce.


It didn't take long for our stick to become a sword. Or light saber. Or just a weapon in general. He is ALL boy.


And Ben kept right on snoozing...


We shopped around a bit. Ducked into Crazy 8 and Old Navy and Children's Place. There was really nothing that struck my fancy. And Old Navy is really pissing me off. I'm pretty loyal to them. I love their clothes. Like really really love their clothes. But their return policy SUCKS. I ordered Henry something about a month ago, and what do you know HAD A BABY LIKE A WEEK LATER. I finally make it to the mall and that's when they decide to tell me that when you order online you only have 45 days to return instead of the normal 90. Strike ONE Old Navy. Then I needed to return a gift and even though I had gift receipt they would not give me store credit. They would mail me a voucher in the mail, or I could buy something right then and there. Um, I don't want to buy something right then and there. And why should I have to WAIT for it to come in the mail when I have a legitimate RECEIPT?! Strike Two Old Navy, Strike TWO.
But other than that it was a great morning. And as I type this, both boys are sleeping peacefully and mommy is enjoying a peaceful break. But break time is over cause this house isn't going to be cleaned by itself.
10 comments:
yay for a good morning!
Um..I so wish I would have found those pink dressers..lol..they match our nursery perfect, but she has an old dresser we painted pink.
I'm all for the painting of orange, for sure.
And Old Navy...yea..um..they make me mad too!
heehee, you are hilarious. and big BOO on old navy. i hate it when they try to send me credit it the mail.
the dressers are so cute!
woohoo! what a great day!
Um, yeah...you should totally buy those dressers and paint them orange. Glad you had a good morning out!
That antique store looks AWESOME!!! :-) Where is it?? I want to go with my mom the next time I'm in town.
Glad you guys had a good day out. Henry is so cute with his hotdog on a stick.
OH and what is up with Old Navy? I didn't realize their return policy was so strict! Good to know.
Yes please share the name of that antique store! I've lived here my whole life and have never been antiquing around town :(
And a big BOO on Old Navy but YAY for amazing days out with your wee ones!
such a good day! you & your two handsome boys :)
and you should've taken that hot dog stick & stuck it up old navy's behind. just sayin.
LOL!! I love your friends!
You are so brave! Seriously, you amaze me.
AND most of the stores around seem to have changed their return policy for the worst. Yuck...
Okay, to me taking two kids through a thrift store is a way bigger feat than taking them to Disneyland. You rock!
Post a Comment