Back before our church was technically even a church, we were just a group of people volunteering to step out in faith and leave behind our comfortable home church and start a church plant, the Halloween Carpenteria Camping trip was established. I think it began as a Halloween alternative, but it's become one of Scott's and mine yearly high points. We've survived rain and heat waves, all in the name of fellowship, beach adventures, antique stores, USC games (watched either in a hotel room or by using a generator to power a tv or radio) burgers at The Spot and did I mention camping? It's an absolute ball. Well due to last minute circumstances we decided not to camp but to just go over for the day on Saturday.

We got filthy dirty, cause isn't that the best way to have fun at the beach?

Ben's first time at the beach...I don't think he was as thrilled as Henry was on his first time...


Nap time approached us, but with no tent for Henry to nap in what's a mama to do? Why drive to Montecito and back to get him to sleep in the car. Highway driving, the perfect white noise for napping. Then it was back in time for mama to do a little antique shopping (might be my first year ever not coming home with "treasures") and then we got all cleaned up for dinner.
You should thank me for not posting all 30 pictures of him climbing in the trees. But seriously, he was ADORABLE and oh so proud of himself.



Then is was time to trick or treat the camp ground. It was our first year with a kid old enough to trick or treat and despite the early meltdowns...


He calmed down and he and Scott actually had a ball.
While Ben and I and Mama2 hunkered down and passed out gobs of goodies.

It was a great year, but I'm definitely looking forward to returning to camping next year. It was quite sad to pack up and leave that night, and coming home without smelling of campfire with sticky smore fingers.
6 comments:
ahh, such a fun tradition! these pics make me wanna head down to the beach for a good campfire & smores. mmm, smores!
p.s. you look so pretty. super cute headband too!
oh gross, I have three chins. Three chins and I didn't get any treasures this year either.
LOL about Brenda's comment. We're always so critical of ourselves. Brenda, you're beautiful as usual!
It looks like the perfect "camping" trip to me. No bedtime battle, no messy tent clean-up, but all the fun of a day at the beach. I'm such a wuss. Bummed we missed it. :)
How perfect Lorie! Ok it kinda makes me sad ... I wish we would have gone for the day =( You are amazing with how much you do with two babies Lorie, A M A Z I N G ! !
How the heck do you look this good after just having a baby?! Ugh, and I covet your head bands like mad every time I read your blog.... seriously.
I am dying over your new header!!! Seriously, how do you DO stuff like that? I wouldn't even know where to start...
Post a Comment